Regarding oil changes (a suggestion)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding oil changes (a suggestion)

Someone recently posted a message (which I now cannot find) saying that while performing an oil change, he had forgotten to refill the crankcase before starting the motor and wondered if there had been damage.

May I suggest a way to prevent this from happening to anyone else?

The very first thing you do is remove the oil filler cap, place it on the driver's seat, and put the car keys in the cap. Only then should you proceed with the rest of the operation.

If you do this and still start the motor without having refilled the crankcase, then you deserve whatever fate befalls you. Drive a Yugo since you deserve no better.

Oh, one more thing: Don't forget to prime the new oil filter before installing it.
    R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Very good advice Roger!!!

Comment

That's good advice. I go one step further and pull the primary side of the ignition.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Working...
      X