Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb: Knock, knock......

"Who's there?"

Mr. so and so from ABC Home builders.....

"Yes?"

"I drive by here every day and notice that you still don't have a roof. Do you have estimates or someone that is doing the work?"

So I tell him the story. The whole story. He listens intently to everything and replies:

" I can start work tomorrow and do a better job for less money. Our business is basically shut down while for other materials on our home building projects." "We can do a roof in a matter of days."

He shows me his brochures and samples. I already knew that these are local guys and have seen the homes they build and I told him if they can have it completed by the 14th of this month, we have a deal.

Praise the Lord, the crew arrived this morning at 8:00 AM and started the tear-off. I'm going to have a roof again.

For alot less dough too. That $1000 savings on this job helps lower my out of pocket cost with that huge deductable. Most of the inside repairs will be done by me, so in the end I may only be out about $5K. Still suxs but what can ya do.......

Joe - Glad to hear your finally getting it fixed. Hopefully everything will turn around for you and you can get you life back to normal..
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

That is good news! Congrats!
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

glad to hear it man.......

does that mean you have to move all your pot plants back outside now to get enough water.........................

baawaahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

d&r

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

That's great Joe, I'm glad to hear it. Only having to pay half of what you were expecting is definitely better than paying full. Have they said how long exactly they're gonna need? Gonna buy that aluminum 3.8 block with the savings? Take care man.
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
            glad to hear it man.......

does that mean you have to move all your pot plants back outside now to get enough water.........................

baawaahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

d&r

LOL....it's gettin crazy on the forums this morning

Joe, glad to hear that you got some sort of relief. It sucks that all of this happened in the first place, but at least you made the absolute best out of your given situation that you could. Congrats on the new roof and to finally gettin your life in order again
            black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

I think the total damage totals around $36K. I got a total of $14K from the insurance company. Some stuff was depreciated unless replaced, I figure I can put it back together for about $20K if I cut a few corners. I'll do drywall and stuff, farm out the plastering, etc. The roof is running $9500 and I think when the smoke clears, 5K is about my out of pocket on the structure plus alot of my own labor. Personal property loss, that's another issue. The dents and dings in the GN, damaged parts etc. is probably another $5K. The GN was not covered by the insurance and really, the only out of pocket expense will be paint and body work when I get that done. The rest is just tons of nickel and dime stuff. While I am in the renovation mode, it might be time to do my garage up right.

Comment

Man, I am so glad to hear you're gettin a roof finally!!! After all that destruction, it's nice to hear somebody finally getting put back together.

-Paul

WickedLT1's Home on the Web - Wicked Pictures
                95 - Trans Am - LT1 - 6Speed
                Car Status: Hmm, winter projects coming up...

Comment

Working...
                X