chrome gas cap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrome gas cap

Anybody know if its possible to get a chrome gas cap cover for a camaro off the internet? If so, where have you gone or do you go to locate them? Are there any good sites to purchase chrome accessories (interior and exterior) in general that anybody knows of as well for Camaro's? Im a big fan of the chrome gas caps and chrome accessories in general, and I can only seem to find the gas caps for trucks and SUV's. Thanks.

do you mean the fuel door, or the screw on cap?
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

ive never seen a chrome fuel door cover... all the ones i've seen on suv's are billet alluminum..and they look good... to me..chrome would look cheesey...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

The optional billet filler cover/door for the most recent model Mitsubishi Eclipse will bolt directly to the fender of your Camaro, and fit perfectly. Available at your friendly Mitsu dealer, or from online parts houses that specialize in Eclipse parts. If you want it to look like chrome, go heavy on the aluminum polish.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
          The optional billet filler cover/door for the most recent model Mitsubishi Eclipse will bolt directly to the fender of your Camaro, and fit perfectly. Available at your friendly Mitsu dealer, or from online parts houses that specialize in Eclipse parts. If you want it to look like chrome, go heavy on the aluminum polish.
          learn something new everyday.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
            learn something new everyday.
            The cheap black plastic one that is "standard" on the Eclipse will also fit.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I want a Lemans style filler cap like the Viper or old A/C Cobra.

Comment

I actually did that mod. I saw this mod on a couple cars but didn't get to talk to the owners to see how they did it, so I had to figure it out myself. I had researched it on the inet and didn't find any made for these cars.

I used a genuine Mitsu part (about $93), but had to reshape it to fit which took a couple hours of careful pounding with plastic and wooden blocks. Originally, I made a template of an Eclipse fender/fuel door area and compared to my Firebird - they are similar, but not the same. It is the exact correct diameter, however, and once reshaped, it fits right in there. It also has nothing to bolt to because the bolt circle of the fuel door is right at the edge of the metal that is inside the Firebird fuel door, so you have to make a circular backing plate with the bolt circle holes in it and clamp or weld (yikes!) it in there. When I was done, the plastic shroud could no longer be used in there as with the OEM door. The other thing I did is polish the whole thing which was a pain cause it is anodized or has some hard coating to protect the brushed alum finish. Maybe I can post a couple pics later tonight if anybody is interested.

Also, I think it is a cast part - some of the custom ones for trucks which are sold on the internet are sold as billet, but the Mitsu looked cast, not machined. That worried me a little for reshaping it, because I didn't trust in my luck to try annealing it. I was lucky, took my time, and didn't crack it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                  I actually did that mod. I saw this mod on a couple cars but didn't get to talk to the owners to see how they did it, so I had to figure it out myself. I had researched it on the inet and didn't find any made for these cars.

I used a genuine Mitsu part (about $93), but had to reshape it to fit which took a couple hours of careful pounding with plastic and wooden blocks. Originally, I made a template of an Eclipse fender/fuel door area and compared to my Firebird - they are similar, but not the same. It is the exact correct diameter, however, and once reshaped, it fits right in there. It also has nothing to bolt to because the bolt circle of the fuel door is right at the edge of the metal that is inside the Firebird fuel door, so you have to make a circular backing plate with the bolt circle holes in it and clamp or weld (yikes!) it in there. When I was done, the plastic shroud could no longer be used in there as with the OEM door. The other thing I did is polish the whole thing which was a pain cause it is anodized or has some hard coating to protect the brushed alum finish. Maybe I can post a couple pics later tonight if anybody is interested.

Also, I think it is a cast part - some of the custom ones for trucks which are sold on the internet are sold as billet, but the Mitsu looked cast, not machined. That worried me a little for reshaping it, because I didn't trust in my luck to try annealing it. I was lucky, took my time, and didn't crack it.
                  Yea post the pics. I'd like to see that too. Sounds like something that could be marketed.
                  2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

You might want to try a "search" on the "Appearance" forum of CamaroZ28com.... that's where I've seen the photos and a description of the fit up.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...t=Eclipse+fuel

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                      You might want to try a "search" on the "Appearance" forum of CamaroZ28com.... that's where I've seen the photos and a description of the fit up.

euuuw..the owner got rained on while he was gettin tattoo'd.......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Kevin,
                        what does yours look like ?
                        what color f-bod??
                        how would that alluminum look on a Red Z28 ???
                        what year eclipe door is that ???
                        thanks,
                        eddie
                        1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

Eddie - Can't remember the exact years, but they are the same for the late model body style - they sell them on E-Bay. This looks a 100% better in decent light - but it was tough to get any decent pictures because my bike is right next to the car and it's an unlit garage where the car is stored. Fred's z28.com link thread makes it sound pretty easy, but I wanted it to fit just right so it took me longer than the other guys + polishing it took a long while - I have a little left to do there, but the pics don't do this justice as to how nice it really looks. I found that the contour of the Mitsu part didn't match the body as per my cardboard fender template showed, but if you just bolted it down, I'm sure the fender would give a little and the flange would give a little, so maybe it would line up OK. I chose to work the aluminum to fit, then bolt it down. It's about a 98% fit, but not perfect. The fender washer idea would save a lot of time over my method of making a c-shaped piece of metal as a backing plate - I suppose if you flatten one side of the fender washers, that method would work fine. I also used stainless flat heads instead of the socket head cap screws that came with the door (they include some little aluminum screws which I decided I couldn't use). I had to countersink the flange to get these to fit. If any of you guys try this I would be interested in what your experience is because, like I said, I haven't really spoken to anybody about it.

Comment

This looks awesome. While I've always owned f-bodys there was a breif period when I owned a 02 Mustang (which I smashed) and I got the billet gas door from UPR. I loved the way it looked, and I've been wondering about this for f-bodys as well.

But I figured since I'd never seen it, and never seen one sold on a sigth, that it hadn't been done.

I was thinking of something like the gas filler neck and cap on the vipers as well.
                            Michael Key
                            Virginia's F-Body Enthusiast Community - NEW AND IMPROVED!!!

HR3rdGen.org

Comment

Will that fuel door cover fit on a third gen?

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                              Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                              6.2L/382.97 ci
                              Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                              WCT-5 speed
                              BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                              Boss MS 18" Rims
                              Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                              Custom Dual exhaust
                              1LE upgrade
                              Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror