which corvette rims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which corvette rims

i wanna get either z06 or c5 corvette rims, would both of these fit my car?
    1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Most of the C5 and Z06 wheels are direct bolt-ons for the F-Body... same bolt spacing and a compatible offset/backspace. On some early F-Bodies you may need to lightly sand the inner diameter of the rear wheels to fit over slight over-size rear hubs on the F-Body axle assembly. This mismatch seems to have been corrected as a running change during the late 96 model year.... either way, its no big deal.

A couple of the C5/Z06 wheels do have a slightly larger offset than the 4th Gen F-Body requires, and you may get into a situation where the inside of the tires might rub on the inner fenders, requiring a little creative hammering.

The ones that show as problems in my database are:

2000 C5 18x10.5 with 58mm offset (repro wheel, there was no factory wheel that size)

Z06 18x10.5 with 58mm offset (repro and factory)

2005 C6 19x10 with 65mm offset

It is possible to get "reproduction" wheels with a wide variety of offsets, compared to the factory dimension. I would recommend:

For a 9.5" wide wheel, keep the offset in the range of 45-56mm

For a 10.5" wide wheel try to keep it in the range of 50-54mm offset.

Too much offset moves the wheel deeper into the wheel well. Too little can cause the tire to stick out from under the fender. The excessive offset of the C5 wheels can be corrected using spacers, but I personally do not like using them.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

i would love to see the c6 wheels on an f-body, i think it would look great.
      -Nick-
      95 A4 Z28

Comment

I can't wait for the spring! my C6's are in my Kitchen floor now though

Will post a pick when I have them installed
        94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

thanks for the info.

how many incehs wide is a 275 tire?
          1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

Originally posted by redws6
            thanks for the info.

how many incehs wide is a 275 tire?
            "275" is the APPROXIMATE section width of the tire in millimeters. The section width is the widest point on the sidewalls, not the tread width. To convert to a section width in inches, divide the 275mm by 25.4 mm/inch

275 / 25.4 = 10.83"

This is a 275 (10.83") tire on a 17x9.5" wheel, next to a 315 (12.40") tire on a 17x11" wheel:

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

If you want to go with the C5s let me know I have 4 in super shape at a good price can send pis's Blazer at zlee@bellsouth.net

Comment

thanks for the info guys, blazer you got mail.
                1996 Trans Am WS6

Comment

Working...
                X