Sts f-body turbo on two guys garage today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sts f-body turbo on two guys garage today

I have been wanting to see this episode since I first heard about it. I think the idea is kind of growing on me. Front mount has more potential with less loss, but I could still keep my headers/catco/loudmouth. Seeing as I am still having traction issues, a little turbo lag would probably help. Pricing needs to come down to about $3,200 though. Airtime is 4:30pm for those interested.
    1995 Firebird Formula
    (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

testing has proved that there is little to no turbo lag due to the pipe running to the intake being roughly the same volume as in intercooler.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter
      testing has proved that there is little to no turbo lag due to the pipe running to the intake being roughly the same volume as in intercooler.
      Did anyone manage to record it? I'd like to see it.
      99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

I got it on my pc, but have to edit it. 360mb

I am definately Impressed!
        They put it on a mustang dyno
        Stock - 269rwhp
        +5psi(no tune) 405rwhp! Just the base kit
        With a dyno tune, 7psi and the methanol kit it should really scream. I don't get the 269rwhp start though, this was an LS1 Camaro SS... I heard mustang dynos were alot less, but that seems like too much.

I dunno... They made some really good points.
        Once the car is started, the pipe to the engine is filled in 0.05sec, so the turbo is already compressing the tube at idle. The pressure at the engine is basically instantaneus, because the turbo is producing higher boost as soon as you hit the pedal - minimal delay, mabey a slight pressure loss that regains itself as the turbo spins faster.

The piping going back to the intake is coated inside and out, and acts as an intercooler as it is being pushed forward.

Turbo temp itself is less than half what a front mount turbo is, making up for efficiency there. + substantially lower under the hood temps from those glowing front mounts in cramped spaces.

Damn it sounded sweet on the dyno.

I can keep my headers/catco/loudmouth.

The only thing I don't like is that it is too visable from underneath. Someone could steal, or tamper with it. I was very skeptical at first, but it has grown on me. Now if it were $3,200 - It would be a sure thing, and they would sell like hotcakes.
        1995 Firebird Formula
        (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

yea id like to see it too . . .
          -Nick-
          95 A4 Z28

Comment

Mustang dynos usually yield lower but more accurate dyno #'s

Brandon

Comment

i would like to see it and please let me dl from you
              2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
              SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
              Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
              http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

Working...
              X