Ordered a cam, have some questions...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered a cam, have some questions...

Ordered a CC Extreme 306 cam. I decided I can live with the loudness.

I have a question, if anybody knows off hand. Were there any other GM vehicles that could possible be equipped with the 1.6r RR's? I mean, a GM van, truck, car, whatever?

Will I need to upgrade my springs for this cam? I want the rockers anyway, even if I didn't upgrade the cam, but will it need a stiffer spring?

I was thinking about ordering a set of schneider springs.
    http://www.schneidercams.com/parts/springs.htm

How would I figured out which ones I need?

So I got the cam, I'm getting the rockers. What else do I need?
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

- headers....
    - heavy duty timing chain....
    - good tuning....
    - oh Forgot NEW rear tires.....in a week
    eddie
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

Headers and timing chain are on the list. I was going to have my pcm tuned.

I'm concerned about what the heads will need as far as springs and rockers go.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

GM sells a set of LT4 full roller rockers in 1.6 ratio. Part#12370839. I think there are springs there listed too.
        http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/perfpart...381&section=ep

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
        Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
        6.2L/382.97 ci
        Custom PROM Dyno tuned
        WCT-5 speed
        BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
        Boss MS 18" Rims
        Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
        Custom Dual exhaust
        1LE upgrade
        Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
        In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
          Ordered a CC Extreme 306 cam.
          Specs??????
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

This cam?
            07-306-8
            290/307
            230/244 @ .50
            .510/.540 @ 1.5:1
            112 LSA

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
            Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
            6.2L/382.97 ci
            Custom PROM Dyno tuned
            WCT-5 speed
            BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
            Boss MS 18" Rims
            Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
            Custom Dual exhaust
            1LE upgrade
            Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
            In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

230 / 244, .510 / .540 112 LSA

Comment

Hmmm.........

...only a little over a month until mine makes its return to the roads

I wonder how we're gonna match up...
                Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                  Hmmm.........

...only a little over a month until mine makes its return to the roads

I wonder how we're gonna match up...
                  I'm just getting started my friend.

What's all done to yours? We gotta make this good. Got a camcorder?

Comment

I'm just getting started my friend.

What's all done to yours? We gotta make this good. Got a camcorder?
                    You think I'm done???? Remember, I'm close to having this beast paid for... it'll be all over then.

As of right now, the motor is internally stock, but with the bolt-ons I have and the tune, my power numbers are in the sig.

I will be going to a G5X3 cam and LS6 stage 2 heads in the (semi) near future... whether or not that happens this summer is questionable...

Comment

raro, what kind of power numbers are you expecting?

Comment

I HOPE to have around 375hp/415tq to the wheels.

Comment

I HOPE to have around 375hp/415tq to the wheels.
                          I'd be pretty surprised if a cam with those specs makes more peak TQ than HP...

Did you say you were going to do the heads too? I've never heard of a cam-only LT1 making those power numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                            I'd be pretty surprised if a cam with those specs makes more peak TQ than HP...

Did you say you were going to do the heads too? I've never heard of a cam-only LT1 making those power numbers
                            shh, it's a suprise. Like I said, I'm just getting started. The cam is just the beginning. I won't post all my mods

I had bumps in the road. Work has been slow, conquest dropped a valve costing me about 500 bucks and a good cylinder head. That was header money ya know? I'm not letting it stop me, but I don't know if I'm going to have everything done by May if I want to.

Not only the quest, but the camaro cost me about 140 plus misc. money for little stuff when the fuel pump died. Shiz happens. My suspension is all about done though. I'd like to have the torque arm on there, but that isn't for sure. I think I'll grip up damn good with the panhard, lca relo. brackets, and lca's.

I also bought a set of eibach springs.

We'll see what happens.

Comment

i wish i still had my dyno numbers from when i got my car dyno tuned...with cc306, head work, long tubes, and a lot of other stuff i threw down 395 hp and somehwere around 420 tq???

like i said...im not too sure on the numbers and it was a very long time ago. i just got done (not all the way) putting that motor back in for this season so i can still race her.

have you guys not drivin the cc306 yet??
                              1996 Z28 body, the rest...drag car

Comment

Working...
                              X