Saw the new 05 GTO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw the new 05 GTO

One was pulling into my son's school this morning. Black with all the new changes looks good, but it still needs the recessed front grills. The stock flush ones still look cheesy.

I agree with what you said about the front... but did you happen to catch the back? Methinks it looks AWESOME!
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I will say the new GTO's are startin to grow on me a lot more. The styling still needs a bit of refining i think, but definitely improving.

I still think that it shouldn't be called a GTO though. I think of something totally different than the new look when i hear those 3 letters IMO.

Still non the less, a bad a$$ car in comparison to what you can get for the same $$$.
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

yeh i agree, i dont think its worth of the gto badge. but its still one nice car. ill take an f-body over it anyday.
        1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

Check out the appearance package! Below are pics without and with the package on a 2005.

Without:
          http://www.pontiac.com/gto/images/bg_image3.jpg
          http://www.pontiac.com/gto/images/bg_image4.jpg

With:
          http://www.pontiac.com/gto/images/bg_image20.jpg
          http://www.pontiac.com/gto/images/bg_image19.jpg
          Joe K.
          '11 BMW 328i
          '10 Matrix S AWD
          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

the recessed grilles look so much better.
            1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
              Weird... I like the rear of the basic car better, but the front of the appearance package better...
              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

The Appearance Package should be standard fare on that car. Pontiac would sell a lot more GTO's that way. Instead it's a pretty expensive option that really makes the car way too expensive.
                Dave S
                2000 Black Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                  Weird... I like the rear of the basic car better, but the front of the appearance package better...
                  Actually, i agree 100% with you.
                  black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

My friends just bought one.
                    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by redws6
                      yeh i agree, i dont think its worth of the gto badge. but its still one nice car. ill take an f-body over it anyday.
                      Rob
                      04 GTO

Comment

Originally posted by SS_CarGuy
                        The Appearance Package should be standard fare on that car. Pontiac would sell a lot more GTO's that way. Instead it's a pretty expensive option that really makes the car way too expensive.
                        Actually, I think the appearance package is hideous. Save for the grills. The exhaust would be nice as standard though.

I've only seen one '05 so far. Dealer where I bought mine has a midnight blue M6 that just came in over the weekend. Absolutely beautiful. What I would have ordered if I didn't buy an '04.
                        Rob
                        04 GTO

Comment

I think I would like a regular base body with the appearance package grills only.

Comment

Rob...you're from Mt. Airy, Maryland?? That's basically where I grew up. Taylorsville, to be exact...you know, the intersection of 26 and 27, that's Taylorsville.

Sorry, I know this isn't exactly on topic, but I find so few people that know where I used to live!

I do like the GTO...with the recessed grille.

2001 Camaro V6, stock

Comment

do you guys think that GTO 06 or 07 gonna look a lot better and more like muscle car ? because if you know first GTO is from tempest body. then 04 GTO is acually holden carbody.
                              2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
                              SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
                              Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
                              http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

Working...
                              X