Fuel Pump Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pump Question

Keep in mind i'm knocking on wood for this whole post. I know a guy who used to own a 98-2000 Z28. Not sure on the exact year. Anyway, his father was telling me that the reason he sold his car was because the Fuel Pump went on it. And it would of cost him a ton of money to get it replaced because the pump is in the gas tank Is this true, and if so, does my 99 WS6 have that too? Thanks for the info
    99 Black WS6
    99 Black Ski-Doo Mach Z
    94 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Don't know if it makes a difference but his Z was a Anniversary Edition. (Forgot that)
    99 Black WS6
    99 Black Ski-Doo Mach Z
    94 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

Yes, your pump is in the gas tank. Here's the good news though, if your even semi-handy with a wrench, it's not a hard fix. I've replaced a fuel pump before, took me about 3 hours by myself. It's always easier with an empty tank also
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Great thanks. hopefully i won't need the advice for a while
        99 Black WS6
        99 Black Ski-Doo Mach Z
        94 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

Mine Blew Out

Mine blew out on my 97 TA. I paid $145 for a Walbro one, made it fit in the stock housing inside the tank. Getting the tank out was kind of tough. Taking the exhaust off was the hardest part.

You can do it though, just might take you a little while.

...Tim

Comment

If his car was an Anniversary Edition, then it would be a 2002.
            Steve
            79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
            87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
            93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
            http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
            X