Good articles in new issue of "Chevy High Performance"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good articles in new issue of "Chevy High Performance"

Got the April 2005 issue of Chevy High Performance magazine yesterday. Several informative articles:

-Accel DFI feature on their systems using a 4bbl throttle body

-Article on changing u-joints, although it doesn't address the need to melt the nylon locks out of the u-joints used in the 4th Gen driveshafts.

-Article on the new MSD "Advanced Power System" billet aluminum alternator. This thing is a work of art, and apparently can be fitted to just about any application, using MSD's modular bracket system. This item is high on my list of future mods.

-Article on a STOCK BOTTOM END LS1 making 723HP/727lb-ft on the engine dyno, with a 200-shot of nitrous. STOCK BOTTOM END!!!!!

-Excellent article on N2O "basics" and a followup article on common errors, and yet another feature on various nitrous products/parts.

-Road test of the Joe Gibbs Racing Magnuson intercooled S/C'd Silverado pickup currently available from Chevy dealers. 5 year/50K mile engine warranty. 395HP/425lb-ft out of the 5.3L engine. 14.0@97.5mph. Still not a Lightnin' though. And still overpriced. But the Magnuson looks like a very clean S/C install...... tempting addition to the Silverado.

-"How it works" article on cooling systems. There are a couple things in there I don't agree with, but overall its a good lesson for the beginner.

Sometimes these magazines don't have more than 1 or 2 articles worth reading, but this issue is an exception.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

i know a few kids that have lightnings and they think they are the fastest things on 4 wheels. do you know how fast they actually are?
    99 Z28 M6, SS hood, borla muffler
    93 TA A4, sold

Comment

The 2000+ Lightnin's run stock mid 13's @ 104mph. With a little extra boost, and some nitrous, I've seen them run low 10's.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Ahhhh Fred you gave it all away CHP is a great magazine, has great tech articles and basic stuff for noobs like me. Did you read the new issue of GMHTP and see the article on upgrades for the specific engines?? One was to go for a 4" exhaust on an LT1. I'll get the article and post the others later.

edit: I just noticed that I got that one a week or so ago
        97 SS #C007
        Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
        SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

on answer to all the boosted trucks, $43k, local dealer, 1400 miles on the clock, SRT-10 p/u with a 6 speed
          2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
          1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
          past rides:
          1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
          2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
          1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
          2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
          2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
          1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
          1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
          1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

Dodge Durango Dude concept

I know this is getting off topic (sorry fred), but i had to post this.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/2004/20...A-1024x768.htm

One awsome looking truck.
            2006 Saturn Ion Redline
            2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Working...
            X