just my 2 cents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just my 2 cents

after changing the plugs, wires, opti spark, and water pump, (mainly just the plugs and wires), i'd have to say the Lt-1 in my 94 firebird is the most pain in the butt car i have ever had to work on. Just thought id share that. I luv the car, but sadly, have to part withher.

My stepdad and i can't even figure out how to reach the plugs and wires let alone change them. I figure that doing that and cleaning my air filter would help my car out a bit. I also want to change the fuel filter and maybe have the tranny serviced. I've been told that manual trannies don't need to be serviced but that doesn't make much sense to me. I definitely know what you mean. F-bodies are horrible to have to work on. I've heard header installation can induce murderous rage in people.
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by kansasvmax94
      after changing the plugs, wires, opti spark, and water pump, (mainly just the plugs and wires), i'd have to say the Lt-1 in my 94 firebird is the most pain in the butt car i have ever had to work on. Just thought id share that. I luv the car, but sadly, have to part withher.
      Yes, working on these cars can definetly be discouraging. I remember when I decided to change the plugs on my car. Half way through the process I wanted to quit so bad. But I kept on pushing and eventually finished. The end result and fact that I accomplished something I thought I couldn't, was a very rewarding experience. All great things take hard work to accomplish. Don't lose faith man! Be proud of yourself that you actually finished the job!
      1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

It's not that bad...just keep at it. My first plug change on my LS1 took over 5 hours!!! Busted knuckles and a bruised ego...since then I've done 3 plugs changed and wires...I got it down to 2 hours. Much easier once you know how to attack each plug and wire. Yes, f-bodies are a pain...and at first I didn't think I could change my plugs and wires...I COULDN'T EVEN SEE THEM!!! LOL...but yeah, it's really satisfying when you finished a job you think you couldn't do at first.

You don't know till you try...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
        X