Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much better sound do you get from slp l/m than magnaflow?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much better sound do you get from slp l/m than magnaflow?

anyone heard boath on a ls1 ? i have a magnaflow now and getting my slp l/m tomorrow (trading with friend)
    1999 T/A M6 STOCK Slp Loudmouth , SKIPSHIFT ELIMINATOR, KNN FILTER SLP Short Throw Shifter w. slanted short stick, Ram PowerGrip Clutch C6Motorsport Rims w. 285/40 GoodYears
    CAR IS SOLD

no one knows?
    1999 T/A M6 STOCK Slp Loudmouth , SKIPSHIFT ELIMINATOR, KNN FILTER SLP Short Throw Shifter w. slanted short stick, Ram PowerGrip Clutch C6Motorsport Rims w. 285/40 GoodYears
    CAR IS SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by CRM
      no one knows?
      whats that tell you about magna flow.......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I like the Magnaflow better than the LM. To me, the LM sounds like a tractor. The Magnaflow has a sound pretty close the 2OTL, which I think sounds great.

Both should be about the same power wise though.
        Rob
        04 GTO

Comment

LMs sound good...a little too much rasp for my taste...but it's definately aggressive. My Mangaflow is by no means as loud...clearly not a raspy, but it doesn't rattle your bones like a LM...but to me it sounds much richer and cleaner.

I only heard stock LMs with no headers or the such...same with the MF. Now, add LTs and cats...hmmm, the out come might be different.

www.ls1sounds.com <<<< sample some of the clips...turn it up!!! Hope you have a good speaker system with a sub...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Magnaflow sounds better, and at least you're getting a muffler for your money, not just a resonator .

If you're trading a friend, why don't you just listen to his before you change it out?
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

yeah to me magnaflow is just like stock i have stock y pipe and exaust manifolds so tomorrow i am trading mine for the l/m hope i'll like it more
              i want the loudnes i just hate it when its raspy but...... i've heard the l/m on a lt1 sound goooood
              CAR IS SOLD

Comment

i have the magnaflow since the l/m sounds like crap with headers
                1994 Camaro Z28 Bolton's, stall, 275 nitto's - SOLD
                1998 Camaro SS looking for 120+MPH N/A

Comment

mine are stock so hope its ok.......

(whats with typing in "all caps"?)
                  CAR IS SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by CRM
                    MINE ARE STOCK SO I HOPE TO BE OK

I don't think you're going to get the kind of volume level you are looking for out of a catback alone... headers are the biggest mod you can do to make the exhaust louder.

I also think that LM sounds... well... bad... on the LS1 cars.
                    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I've heard a couple LS1 cars with just the Loudmouth...I think you'll be happy . That's actually what convinced me to get the Loudmouth. If it can make a quiet, stock LS1 sound that good, then its definitely a good buy in my book. Hope you like it
                      Steve
                      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Get an exhaust cutout instead. (The only thing I hate about it is the lost ground clearance.) Its cheaper, and you can cap it when you get sick of the noise. Loudmouth is probably ALMOST as loud, but your stuck with the noise. Save your money, and keep the magnaflow muffler you already bought. Its 1 of the best performance wise mufflers if not the best. Its the same set up I'm using on an LT1 car which sound better then an LS1, but you get the picture.
                        94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

Since we're talking about exhaust...

I have a 3' back from the Y with stock headers, and a Flowmaster muffler. It just doesn't sound beefy. Any suggestions on mufflers?

Comment

One other note...you could also replace the resonator with a chambered muffler like my system has. Here's the one that I've got...

http://www.sweet-thunder.com/chamber...html#stainless

...and I've been pretty happy with the sound. Lots and lots of bark
                            Steve
                            79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                            87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                            93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                            http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

GOT IT !

i finaly got my slp l/m its awesome!!!! Much better than the magnaflow and its really deep
                              i love it thanks guy's

the only disadvantage it that cruising 2000rpm it growels and very loudly but i can get rid of it by putting a mufler instead of the resenator. i heard borla is like $100 with a great sound!
                              CAR IS SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X