NFB: For the Buick Turbo fans....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: For the Buick Turbo fans....

Drove a buddy of mine (used to post here as "Unstable Bob") to pick up a Regal T-Type he just bought off of eBay. Extremely clean car, 80K miles, leaves long strips of black rubber in the road.... I'd love to own something like this!

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Haha.... UB is hooked.

Fred, one of these days you have to get one. The torque is awesome.

Comment

UB, haven't heard about him in some time. He will love the boost
      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
      pics and info

Comment

I have always loved those cars. My uncle had one that he restored when I was like 13-14. Monster turbo, exhaust, shop tuned and rebuilt. Not sure if he had nitrous but I remember him running 10's in his. Too bad he sold it. It was beautiful. I would like to own one someday.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

UB is a scary man.
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
            UB is a scary man.
            There's a reason he is called "Unstable".....

This is Bob's second turbo... the last one was a Neon SRT-4..... he had it about 6 months, and it just got totalled when a guy ran a red light in a van and t-boned it. When I first met him, he was driving a 25th T/A coupe with a 12# ATI Pro-Charger and nitrous.

And a commercial spot... he is still trying to sell his Dominion 32-Valve LT1 project engine.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

UB does not look like he belongs in a neon. I just cannot picture it.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:
              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

That looks like Shawn's "old" car. If it is, it was taken care of pretty well. Just tell him to watch the KR and keep it as close to 0.0 as possible. Buicks don't like any knock and if you have it, you'll be driving over the crank in short order.

If it doesn't already have it, get Direct Scan or Turbo Link for a scan tool. I liked Direct Scan better because of the 18 frames/sec but you have to modify the ECM(just taking off the coating on the board). Turbo Link hooks into the ALDL and only gives 1 frame every 1.4 seconds, so its kind of hard to read a run.

Anyway, tell him congrats
                Rob
                04 GTO

Comment

Very nice. I love my GN, just can't wait to get her back on the road. Gotta get rid of this Powermonster brake system...ugh
                  Steve
                  79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                  87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                  93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                  http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

LOL, UB rides again!

Unstable Bob is Unstable Bob. That's about all you can say.

I had a buddy when I was younger that was a Buick nut (I mean, nobody was back then, lol!). I remember riding in his brand new turbo Buick when they were first introduced.
                    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

I have finally decided that I'm going to a back half of the car. The frame rails will be cut and a new narrowed rear portion put in. Most likely a Chrome Moly cage as well. I just love the look of monster rubber all tucked up underneath the car. Done properly, this should be a very streetable car with the ability to go on a 500 mile cruise if desired.

Comment

Did you guys see the write up in GM High-Tech Perfomance on the "Boosted Bullet"? It is an 87 Buick street car that runs 8.80 at 156 . It looks stock except for the stance - has to be what you are after Joe. You have to check it out - nicest one I have ever seen!!!
                        Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                          Very nice. I love my GN, just can't wait to get her back on the road. Gotta get rid of this Powermonster brake system...ugh
                          You oughtta get your wife or someone to try to get your car on "Overhaulin." Can you imagine a Chip Foose tricked out GN? That would be sweet. I wish I could get him to do my Camaro.....

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
                            Did you guys see the write up in GM High-Tech Perfomance on the "Boosted Bullet"? It is an 87 Buick street car that runs 8.80 at 156 . It looks stock except for the stance - has to be what you are after Joe. You have to check it out - nicest one I have ever seen!!!
                            Sort of, but not exactly. These cars can go seriously fast with a simple 10 inch tire. I want a Pro Stock or Pro Mod stance with maybe 18.5 inch wide tires, all tucked up underneath the fenders and perhaps some 6 inch wide fronts. Not quite pizza cutters, something that can take some miles and a little more cornering safety. That part of it is mostly for show as obviously I won't be in the 8s. I'll have it capable of a 9.90, but in street tune it will be conservatively in the 10s.

Comment

Joe:

You could have bought John Gallina's 87 GN.... FIRST NHRA "Super Stock" class car in the 7's..... 7.81 @ 178.94. He had it for sale in National Dragster for $60,000 but I guess it didn't sell. It was sold at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale auction last month for $35,000 !!!!

Fred

Comment

Working...
                              X