Hooker catback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooker catback

Looking for opinionson this setup on a stock LS1. I don't like the dual dual tips. But that is easy to change. Sound is what I am mostly interested in.
    Black 98 Z/28 (Taz),Lid,FRA mod, STB,SLP LoudMouth catback .

I've seen some videos with Hooker catbacks. Sounded pretty good in my opinion but the last time I checked, the setup wasn't stainless steel and therefore will not last as long.

Very popular catback systems with members on this board are the Loudmouth, Borla & Corsa.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

I have not heard it in person but it gets good reviews. As posted above Corsa and Borla are kind of top of the heap here (expensive though). I would add the GMPP system to the list as well.
      Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
        I have not heard it in person but it gets good reviews. As posted above Corsa and Borla are kind of top of the heap here (expensive though). I would add the GMPP system to the list as well.
        what is GMPP?

and i had a look under my car for the first time the other day, and i always thought i had a flowmaster catback, but the muffler says VFORCE on it, what brand is that?
        1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

GMPP = GM Performance Parts. They make a chambered muffler that sounds really good. Never heard of V-Force!
          Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
            GMPP = GM Performance Parts. They make a chambered muffler that sounds really good. Never heard of V-Force!

ooo ok. im a little slow when it comes to abbreviations. yeh i never heard of vforce either, im thinkin its the type of muffler from a company. like how flowmaster has the 40 series. but it sounds mean as hell.

i just found this

flopro
            1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

I have hooker and i love how it sounds, my friend also has hooker on his 98 T/A and it also sounds good.

My Car
              Hooker 3" Catback Exhaust w/ gutted cat
              1LE intake elbow, K&N Filter

Chris

Comment

Here's a video of an LT1 with a Hooker catback.

http://users.adelphia.net/~showtime89/donuts.rm
                97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

That sounds sweet! Dancing in the snow.. was he trying to do a snow angel hehe
                  1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
                  "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. Last night I got to hear the Hooker for real. One on a stock with lid LS/1 and the other was very heavily moded. It is the sound for me. He is changing the system on the moded car. Exhaust is 6 months old and looks like it just came out of the box. He offered it to me for a price that I absolutely couldn't turn down. So in 2 weeks I will have my exhaust.
                    Black 98 Z/28 (Taz),Lid,FRA mod, STB,SLP LoudMouth catback .

Comment

Working...
                    X