TA front bumper: proper disassemble procedure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TA front bumper: proper disassemble procedure

Yes, a moron hit my car's front bumper's right side, right front fender, right front wheelhouse and the right rim.
    The new replacements are on their way to the local GM dealer. But my main concern is about the body shop work..will they know how to disassemble the damaged parts properly??..I'm anal regarding my car.
    Thanks for any trick and tip in order to do the job correctly.
    My best regards
    Doc
    97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

The front bumper cover is fairly simple to remove, assuming it is similar to my Formula. There are a series of clips and screws along the bottom, on the radiator baffle, and up tob under the edge of the hood. The only tricky part is a bolt that sticks through the side of the fender into the area immediately behind the headlight. You have to partially open the headlight to reach in and access the nut, as I recall. I removed mine to delete the crash pad behind the cover, and it was a one person job. It helps to have a large blanket to lay the bumper cover on, so as not to damage the paint, but if yours is already damaged, it shouldn't be a problem.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thanks Fred for your information.
      Take care
      Doc
      97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

Working...
      X