*NFB* I am still alive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *NFB* I am still alive

yes I am still alive.. just been VERY busy with work and plus with the car in hybernation its just too painful to read what everyone else is doing with their cars

BUT I now have what I HOPE is enough to get the car painted this spring (3,200 smackers) and I am now looking for a good place to give my hard earned money too... question.. how long should I expect the car to be in the shop? I know I know.. a lot depends on X,Y And Z.. but typically how long? 2 weeks, a month?

thanks
    AL

1995 Z28 M6 Ragtop
    Mods are:
    18X9 1/2 ZO6 rims
    Hot Wheels steering wheel cover
    Hurst Classic Shifter Ball with 6-speed pattern
    K&N CAI , I LIKE IT!! it REALLY does make a difference!

more pictures of the hooptie

plan on 3 weeks, and before you comit to some one, ask to look at current examples of there work. in person too, not some pics, or something that came out of thier shop 15 years ago either.
    2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
    1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
    past rides:
    1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
    2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
    1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
    2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
    2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
    1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
    1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
    1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

What is your paint scheme? If it is single color then it should be proportionately faster than multi color schemes. With a single color you prep, go in and paint, and out she goes.(simplified version ) With two or more colors you prep, paint, mask off the first color, prep, paint, etc. If you are doing some sort of blends or whatever then I really don't know. My father and I do our own paint and body work so for me it's a week of after work prep, and a weekend spraying primer, blocking it out and then painting it, and we usually do base coat then clear as opposed to the single stage jobs, I personally think that it looks better in the end. Anyway depending on the paint that I want, supplies only cost me about $600-$1000 tops. I will have to post some pictures of the work that we have done over the years. This past summer we did a full restoration on a '53 Chevy stepside for my uncle, it was beautiful. I did not know that body shops charged so much. I am just glad I do it myself. More money for performance, less for appearance.

Comment

I am just going to have them paint it like it came from the factory...

thanks for the advice..

AL

1995 Z28 M6 Ragtop
        Mods are:
        18X9 1/2 ZO6 rims

Comment

did you get any quotes as to how much it was gonna cost to get it painted?And are you getting it painted the same coilor?

Sorry officer, im not speeding... Im qualifying
          Daily Driver:1990 ford probe 5 speed with like 13 horsepower at the crank.

Comment

no "actual" quotes just called a couple of places and got some "general" quotes of 2-3K ... when I get it out in April I will take it around and get the actual quotes..thru word of mouth I have found a couple of "they do REAL good work" places to go check out... even found a couple to stay way from..

and its staying factory color..dark green...

AL

1995 Z28 M6 Ragtop
            Mods are:
            18X9 1/2 ZO6 rims

Comment

its a good thing to be alive.........

good luck on the paint job... thats always "fun".........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I can't wait to see it. We'll have to hit the panquin again this summer... maybe on a warm day this time?
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:
                SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

LOL yeah a warm day.. I am going to be gone for two weeks from 18 June but other than that I don't have much going on all summer... keeping my fingers crossed.

AL

1995 Z28 M6 Ragtop
                  Mods are:
                  18X9 1/2 ZO6 rims

Comment

I think your car looks sweet the way it is, i wouldnt go spending money on a new paint job when that color loooks great. Thats my .02 cents for the day Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by JM94Camaro
                      I think your car looks sweet the way it is, i wouldnt go spending money on a new paint job when that color loooks great. Thats my .02 cents for the day Good luck
                      TRUST ME and Terry can attest to it.. its a 20 ft car.. it looks nice from a distance but once you get up close.. EWWWWWWWW it looks like POOH! It DEFINATELY needs the body massaged... yeah I could drive it and not do anything but I just cringe when folks look at it up close and even people that don't know anything about cars say hey why is this like this???? LOL so its ALL getting fixed. My goal is to go from a 20 ft car to a 5 ft. Any less and I am looking at BIG BIG bucks

AL

1995 Z28 M6 Ragtop
                      Mods are:
                      18X9 1/2 ZO6 rims

Comment

Who is Terry?

Tracy
                        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                        Current Mods:
                        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
                        X