Just Turned 123,456.7 miles!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Turned 123,456.7 miles!!!

Thought it was kinda a milestone, seeing as the stock motor and trans are running strong. Getting alittle low oil pressure once in a while. Think it might be a spun bearing... planning the buildup after I get engaged to the woman of my dreams!
    96 T/A - Heavily Modded
    87 Caprice DGCM Boxie - Stock

Originally posted by Dan B. 96 T/A
    Thought it was kinda a milestone, seeing as the stock motor and trans are running strong. Getting alittle low oil pressure once in a while. Think it might be a spun bearing... planning the buildup after I get engaged to the woman of my dreams!
    lol, cool man. But you ain't got no spun bearing. Bearing clearance might be out of spec.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Good thing you included the .7!

Was that the milestone?

Will you post again saying you are even more impressed at .8? LOL
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

At .78 would be hilarious
        -Nick-
        95 A4 Z28

Comment

I still got you beat, I turned 126,000 miles last week. and im pretty sure I have the STOCK optispark

been spittin out oil from several locations for the past 3,000. hopefully yours doesnt lol
          94 Firebird Formula LE3 383 - Built 4L60E w/ 3500rpm stall - Macs into SLP LM - 3.73s in stock rear - having fun with problems

Comment

i've had my old v6 bird go to 150k no oil leaks Amaizing!!!!
            tho i changed trhe tranny twice
            1999 T/A M6 STOCK Slp Loudmouth , SKIPSHIFT ELIMINATOR, KNN FILTER SLP Short Throw Shifter w. slanted short stick, Ram PowerGrip Clutch C6Motorsport Rims w. 285/40 GoodYears
            CAR IS SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Dan B. 96 T/A
              Dan - You still running my old rear end that I sold you?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                Dan - You still running my old rear end that I sold you?

Kevin... do you let guys run your rearend often?

Didn't your mother ever tell you it's not good to go around selling your rearend?
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:
                SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Sounds awesome, GM motors will last when maintianed.
                  Michael Key
                  Virginia's F-Body Enthusiast Community - NEW AND IMPROVED!!!

HR3rdGen.org

Comment

Turning 132k in few miles, stock tranny, it's a freak !!!
                    1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
                    "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                      Kevin... do you let guys run your rearend often?

Didn't your mother ever tell you it's not good to go around selling your rearend?
                      Dan has my old 10 bolt which I put a 3.42 gear in and a Ratech crush sleeve and I was wondering how long it lived.

Comment

Kev,

Yeah, still have the rearend. The Ratech spacer took a thorough beating and held up well. The Richmond 3.42's went out last summer and I switched over to 4.10's with the stock crush sleeve. Since I was working at my buddy's performance shop in Wauconda I had easy access to tools and lifts, and parts at cost, so stuck with the 10 bolt for the cheap fix. The suspension is pretty much done for a road car, now just have to build the motor and trans. Then the rear.

I want to try to make Road America this fall for the MFBA event with Speed Seekers. I hope to have the car finished by then.
                        96 T/A - Heavily Modded
                        87 Caprice DGCM Boxie - Stock

Comment

Good luck with it Dan and I hope you have a strong showing at RA.

Comment

Gee, I can't even remember 123k. Drove mine into the shop at 236k to freshen up the engine. By the way, I did get your meaning of a milestone...... digits one thru seven.
                            The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

got all y'all beat...146K with no problems...perfect running order. Weak altenator other than that...stock as a rock and running solid.

My old 3.1 bird when 265K before I sold her...so yeah, GM engines are rocks if you maintain em...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
                              X