aftermarket brake suggestions.....??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aftermarket brake suggestions.....??

the stock brakes on these things are horrible. I need to upgrade soon but i want to do a little research on what other people have used. any input would be much appreciated. Oh, 97 SS Conv Here

Depends on how much you want to spend.

You can convert to the LS1 brakes, using used parts.

Or .. you can go with some pretty expensive kits from Baer, Brembo, etc.

What is it that you don't like about the LT1 brakes?

Mushy pedal?

Not able to perform repeated Max effort stops before fade?

Too much pedal effort?

Not enough pad friction (call it stopping friction)?

Do you road race?

Answering these questions will help determine what will fit your needs .... without just dropping a few thousand $$$$.

Gordon
    www.provenperformanceconcepts.com

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

I basically want them for looks. I'm makin it a show car. But i also want good performance. I plan to autocross a bit with it as well. They just don't seem to grab as well as a few corvettes i've driven.

Comment

i was inquiring about an adapter so you can use a complete Z06 vette front brake system so as long as you have 17 " rims they will work the adapters and hard ware cost 260$ and all the parts for the brakes will run about 600$ so there is another option
        the vette brake is two piston a lot bigger and completely available at any chevy dealer so parts are easy to come by
        and once the main cost is out of the way it shouldnt cost but a few more bucks than the stock camaro brake pads and rotors
        the reason i found out about this is because i recently put Z06 rims on so i thought it appropriate to upgrade the brakes so they match nice looking accent !!!
        Brian Diehl,USAF

1995 Z-28 Polo Green with chrome ZO6 rims K&N and Flowmaster

Comment

oh by the way here is the link http://www.mtfba.org/nashvillespeed/...s/brakekit.htm And a pic of the z06 wheels on my 95 Z the quality is a little bit crappy but adequate
          Attached Files
          Brian Diehl,USAF

1995 Z-28 Polo Green with chrome ZO6 rims K&N and Flowmaster

Comment

Working...
          X