3800 performance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3800 performance

im looking for bolt ons for the 3800. im getting a 96 camaro 3800 5 spd for $3000. will the cat-back borla exhaust system work on my car? my bros 95 ls1 sounded sick with it and i want it. can i drop in an L67 from a GTP without any problems? that way ill be looking at 300 horsepower there plus i can get heads and all kinds of other stuff for that engine to put me close to like 500 horse with the right amount of money that is. has any body ever done this swap before?

***Watch the language*** (edited by KnightFire)

I hope that is suppose to be a joke.......

Comment

why would you want to do a complicated engine swap when you're only swapping V6 for V6. Why not just bolt a supercharger on the current engine? There are mods out there for the 3800, including superchargers, if you look. A borla from an LS1 will not fit the V-6, but there are plenty of V6-specific catbacks out there. Don't expect to see 500 hp out of any combination, unless you're doing some MAJOR internal engine work.

And please censor yourself, the 4 letter words will get you banned around this board.
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

an L67 is no where near being a drop in. the blower woudl point teh throttle body at teh firewall and the hp gain after all teh expoense adn trouble would be minimal.
        i suggest a trip over to www.camarov6.com to check out all the performance solutions. jsut don't read the "tech" info that the site founder posted up cause he is a retard.
        the series2 3800 will respond to good gears, 4.10's, a cold air intake, and exhaust like any other motor. you can also do computer tunign to grab a ton of hp since teh stock programming is so conservative. these things can turn the car into a solid low 14second performer. add a shot of nitrous or a turbo or a supercharger and you can fly into the low 13's or even 12's if your combo is matched up fairly well.

later
        tim
        83 Camaro Z28
        New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
        www.NJFBOA.org
        East Coast F-Body Nationals
        http://www.njfboa.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=11

Comment

Working...
        X