Hal suspension question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hal suspension question?

I want to get this system but i am unclear how the rear of my car will sit lower or same ride hight. I know the front is a coil over but will the rear still be stock ride hight?

http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&vid=4&pcid=90
    I LOVE COBRA'S -
    THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

The link you provided goes to a page with several different shocks, struts and suspensions, even the HAL section had a lot of choices. Which product exactly were you looking at?
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

The f-series front and rear kit with 300lb springs and spanner wrench

part# 86-PKG-2
      I LOVE COBRA'S -
      THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

Comment

I have the F series in the back, no difference in height that I could tell. The springs for that package are only for the front. I got SLP take-offs for rear springs, that raised it up a bit due to the old ones being worn out. Great shocks.
        1995 Firebird Formula
        (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Ride height for the rear of the car is determined by the springs, not the shocks. Stock springs + QA1/HAL = stock height, Pro-Kit + QA1/HAl = 1" drop, Eibach Drag Launch + QA1/HAL = 1/2" rise. I've run all three combinations.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Ok see i was under the impression that the package came with rear springs as well. Can you buy just 2 coil springs from Eibach? For the rear?
            I LOVE COBRA'S -
            THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

Comment

Working...
            X