300,000 Mile 94

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300,000 Mile 94

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":256945}[/ATTACH]

My wife and I bought this, my first new car ever, in 1994. Around 96, I added an SS Hood and Rear Spoiler and out Corvette wheels and BFG Comp T/A ZR 275-40ZR-17's to make it into an SS Imposter. Now it's 25 years old and just passed 300,000 miles. It's about to be passed on to our daughter who is turning 16. It's still a good car and has honestly never had a wrench turned on the engine, automatic transmission, or rear-end. Here's the problem. A professional paint job with PPG base/clear costs about $7000. That's about 4X the value of the car.

I wish I could find a very well-cared-for 6-cylinder just like it with about 100k miles. Anyone know of one? This one is on Ebay and I'd buy it except it has manual windows and mirrors. I couldn't sneak it in on my daughter so she wouldn't know it's not our old car. She is adamant that she wishes to have OUR old car and not a replacement.

Anyone know if the non-power car's wiring harness would just be plug-n-play if I put the power mirrors and windows off our old car on this car?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-Chevro...o/202851402473
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bryancobb; 12-14-2019, 09:00 AM. Reason: adding pic
Working...
X