Found near mint survivor red 1991 Firebird

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found near mint survivor red 1991 Firebird

Been around old GM W-body cars for years and in that time Ive walked past a house with this old red Firebird sitting under a carport. One day the older guy was out working in his yard so I stopped and asked him about it. Once I got up close and started looking past the flat tires and accumulated crud from it sitting since 1998 I discovered a time capsule. He and his wife bought it off the showroom floor in 1990, just a 3.1 and only 40,000 miles. Ttops were never removed until I got it, even have the factory sheaths they go in. Ive got all the dealership paperwork including the option code sheet and old receipts. A cat back system was put on it not long after he bought it too. He sort of had some issues remembering why he parked it though which was a bit unnerving but he recalled an issue with the fuel pump, probably that stupid passlock/passkey system with the chip in the key.

Ive got it cleaned up and sorting out some wires some sort of critter gnawed on and also found a loose vacuum hose coming off were the brake booster line and MAP sensor meet above the distributor, theres. I`m on a factory service manual to arrive but I do have some questions I`m hoping some can help me out with til it gets here.
Working...
X