Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Mustang's battery keeps dying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Mustang's battery keeps dying

    My Mustang's battery keeps dying - any pro service in Dubai that can actually diagnose the drain?

    I've got a 2017 Mustang GT that's been eating batteries like candy, and I'm pretty sure it's not just bad luck. The last two batteries lasted barely a year each, and the second shop I used just shrugged and said "maybe it's the heat." But a friend who knows cars mentioned there could be a parasitic drain from the factory SYNC system or a faulty alternator diode. I don't want to just throw another battery at it without figuring out the root cause. I've been searching for a Professional Mustang Battery Service Dubai that actually runs a full electrical diagnostic, not just a quick voltage check. I came across batteryzoneuae because they mention American cars on their site, but I'm wondering if anyone here has used them for something like this, or knows another place that can properly test for current draw and register the new battery to the BMS. I'm in Dubai Marina but happy to drive anywhere for a shop that won't just guess. Thanks in advance.
    Get fast, expert Mustang battery replacement in Dubai. Mobile service, 24/7 support, and genuine batteries for all Mustang models at Battery Zone.

  • #2
    "Maybe it's the heat" is a lazy answer for two dead batteries in two years. Heat shortens life, sure, but it doesn't usually kill them that fast. Ask any shop you try to do a parasitic draw test with a clamp meter after the car sleeps for 30-40 minutes, and I'd also want the alternator output checked under load.

    Comment


    • #3
      That's frustrating, paying for batteries twice and still having no real answer. Your friend's instinct isn't bad, it's worth chasing the cause before buying a third one. Hope you find someone who actually puts a meter on it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Had almost the same thing on my S550. Two batteries gone in about 14 months, turned out to be an aftermarket dashcam hardwired to a constant feed. Check for anything added after purchase before blaming SYNC, it's an easy thing to miss.

        Comment


        • #5
          A healthy car should settle under about 50 milliamps once the modules go to sleep. Anything well above that means something's keeping them awake, and you pull fuses one at a time to isolate the circuit. A failing diode in the alternator would show up as AC ripple on the battery terminals while it's running.

          Comment


          • #6
            Did either battery go flat after sitting a few days, or did it die while you were driving? That tells you a lot about whether it's a drain or a charging issue. Also, was the replacement registered to the BMS both times, or just swapped?

            Comment

            Working...
            X