Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFB - Woah! New Orleans is gonna pounded!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to live there (Hurricane Betsy & Hurricane Camille) and one thing you gotta worry about during a flood is the graves floating. They have above ground cemetaries in downtown N.O. which are walled off for a whole city block, but the whole delta is sea level and there's not much between Lake Ponchatrain and the Gulf of Mexico. I never saw it happen in my time there, but it's going to happen sooner or later.

Comment

I'll probably be heading down there in the next week or so. With the amount of damage we saw last November from Ivan, I'm sure the pipelines are going to look like spaghetti. I just hope this time I'm not stuck in Buras, LA again.
      Al 96 Ram Air T/A
      Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Well we just had our first tornado warning of the night. We are considering sleeping in the basement.

Carrol county Georgia had a tornado a little while ago. 30 homes destroyed. Something like 5 chicken houses destroyed. The owner was hit in the head by something and seriously injured. FYI a chicken house can hold like 20,000 chickens. We're talking 100,000 chickens. That is a lot of money up in feathers.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
          scary to say the leaste, and N.O. is 6 feet below sea level.....

bad bad storm folks...

I wish it was only 6 feet. We are actually 18 feet bellow sea level. Only the levies and storm gates keep the water out. We have been told for years that if a storm of this magnatude hit this city there would be 30 feet of water in the streets and it would take weeks to pump it out.
          Fortunately most of the levies held and although there is water in the city there is nearly as much as ther could have been.
          My job normally dictates that I stay in the city. This time they gave us the option to leave. I am so glad I did.
          Kbddsfc,B&M Ripper,Ws6 Rims,Hotchkiss Stb,Bmr Lca,Gwphr,Strange 4:10's,LPEds,Borla,AS&M Headers,RT cat,Powerslot rotors,Hawk Pads R/Pf pads Fr,Mba shift knob,Slp Hood&Airbox,Holley Powershot filter,Fernco mod, Lt4km,Firebat decals,T/A Girdle,HPP.160stat,Bilstein shocks,Z06 Brakes,AFS ZR1's,GSD3's.

Comment

Working...
          X