Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nfb: stop and think, just for a min. or two.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barry 94Formula
    Well we are for the most part pretty well off. I am at a relatives house so my basic needs are met. I will probably be here another week or so then relocate to Houston when my jobs says to come.

I actually for the most part feel lucky right now because If I had not left when I did I would be in serious trouble. My mother is on Dialysis, and I have a sister in law who just started Chemotherapy last week. I brought them as well as my mother in law with me.

My cousin is a nurse so I was able to get my mother her treatments and we are making arrangments for my sister in law to start her treatments so the big things are being addressed.

Just pray that we can recover from this.
    You have my blessings. Despite everything, at least your family is safe. When it all comes down to it, that's what really matters in life. It's great that you can say that you are lucky; an optimistic positive attitude is what your family needs right now.

I wish you the best in trying to get your life back in order. I hope the karma train comes back to you later on in life and rewards you and your family for everything you had to go through.

Best of luck
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Just curious, after all the support and millions of dollars the US gave to Tsunami relief and all of these other countries bashing the US for not giving more money, has anyone heard of another country offering any assistance to the US for the hurricane Katrina disaster? France? Germany? The middle east? Has Saudi Arabia offered any more oil at low or no cost? Canada? Mexico? Heck Mexico could offer low cost workers. Just curious.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
        Just curious, after all the support and millions of dollars the US gave to Tsunami relief and all of these other countries bashing the US for not giving more money, has anyone heard of another country offering any assistance to the US for the hurricane Katrina disaster? France? Germany? The middle east? Has Saudi Arabia offered any more oil at low or no cost? Canada? Mexico? Heck Mexico could offer low cost workers. Just curious.

Right..... just click your heels three times and you'll return home. The only thing I heard was Venezuela offering to sell fuel to us. That is relatively big because currently they are boycotting us.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
          I've heard the discussion over this issue on the radio quite a few times now in these past 2 days. It doesn't matter what we do or don't do, it just seems like we (the united states) will never win. Someone out there will always be saying how wrong we are doing things. We are expected to dish out billions, forgive debts willingly, and take care of our own matters. The only foreign relief we are receiving is from the red cross in other countries. No governments have offered to help us though.

I guess it comes with the territory of being a global leader.
          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

It probably wouldn't be worth asking or accepting help from some countries, because they would expect too much in return - Bush said yesterday, that the Federal Government is prepared to take care of the situation, and has the funds set aside to do it - They were just showing Air Force One on the news, supposedly with the President, flying at a very low altitude over the area. I also heard that Venezuela is offering to help with oil, but only in the form of heating oil for our nation's poor - The President is going to allow the oil reserves to be used to offset the increases from the damaged oil rigs though-

To be added soon-Firebird Graphic

Comment

We have to learn to live with the fact we are simply disaster relief for everyone else in the world, including ourselves. I'm sure England, Canada, Australia, and Italy will help out where they can (tentatively of course), but that's as far as it will ever go.
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
              X