Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nfb: What the hell? Are people this idiotic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2Fbodcru.... it's quite apparent that you don't have much for Bush and I respect that opinion... but keep in mind that it's still just your opinion.... Any president from now back to when New Orleans was founded in 1718, or since the 1910s when the bulk of the city was drained and man-made levees were constructed, could have done something about the levees... but they didn't. President Bush can't just twinkle his nose and know what's going to happen to this country. A lot of his hardships in his presidency are due to some of the litter that Clinton left behind, although I'm not downing Clinton, he did do a lot of good for this country.

To everyone, You have to consider the education of these people to realize what's going on. The highly uneducated people that stayed behind long enough to be the looters are not the ones that need the help. Don't let a thousand or so people keep you from helping the 100s of thousands that AREN'T looting and acting like fools... I go to the University of Alabama which is in West Central Alabama for those that aren't sure... and we have almost 1,000 refugees staying in our student recreation center. They aren't looting... they aren't causing problems, they aren't shooting at rescue helicopters... they are patiently, calmly, and peacefully for help... I have been donating my time to just go hang out with the people and help the Red Cross out a little bit... They need clothes, food, shelter, etc. small things that we don't think about... nail files, brushes, toothpaste... I talked to a girl last night that had only the clothes on her back until my mom brought her some clean, new clothes... she'd been wearing the same clothes for 5 days!!!

Don't be so hard on the whole situation... the journalists, as usual are only covering the horrible and terrifying stories...to get a rise out of people... not the people in Tuscaloosa, Al who truely are asking for help, not taking it into their own hands!!
    '07 Black Tahoe LTZ (my new baby)

'96 White Firebird (sold )

Comment

Don't take what we were saying the wrong way... I agree. Help needs to be given to the truly needy. The point that may have been lost is, we are pretty much in agreement the looters and thugs need to be dealt with because they are keeping help from getting to the ones who deserve it.

I completey agree with you about President Bush. The plan to fix the levees was put in front of every President since the 60's. If the plan went forward, how many people would about the cost? Who would have seen a strong Cat 4 hitting New Orleans head on? Was it possible? Obviously... but many things are possible, and they won't be dealt with until after the fact.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

If it keeps on rainin', levee's goin' to break, (X2)
        When The Levee Breaks I'll have no place to stay.

Mean old levee taught me to weep and moan, (X2)
        Got what it takes to make a mountain man leave his home,
        Oh, well, oh, well, oh, well.

Don't it make you feel bad
        When you're tryin' to find your way home,
        You don't know which way to go?
        If you're goin' down South
        They go no work to do,
        If you don't know about Chicago.

Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,
        Now, in' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,
        When the levee breaks, mama, you got to move.

All last night sat on the levee and moaned, (X2)
        Thinkin' about me baby and my happy home.
        Going, going to Chicago... Going to Chicago... Sorry but I can't take you...
        Going down... going down now... going down....
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
          If it keeps on rainin', levee's goin' to break, (X2)
          When The Levee Breaks I'll have no place to stay.

Mean old levee taught me to weep and moan, (X2)
          Got what it takes to make a mountain man leave his home,
          Oh, well, oh, well, oh, well.

Don't it make you feel bad
          When you're tryin' to find your way home,
          You don't know which way to go?
          If you're goin' down South
          They go no work to do,
          If you don't know about Chicago.

Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,
          Now, in' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,
          When the levee breaks, mama, you got to move.

All last night sat on the levee and moaned, (X2)
          Thinkin' about me baby and my happy home.
          Going, going to Chicago... Going to Chicago... Sorry but I can't take you...
          Going down... going down now... going down....
          YES!!!!!! Great song...great album.

They've been playing clips of that on the morning radio every so often when they're talking about NO.
          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
          X