Randy Moss + Raiders = So Far (First Half) So Good

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 02 WS6
    I agree 100% that Vick needs to be allowed to roam the field. That's what kind of QB he is. With that said, I still believe Vick is too much about the run. Ron Jaworski was talking about it on NFL Live last week (I usually take his word as football gospel). He basically said why it creates a problem for both the other team as well as his own...

On the NFL level, teams are much smarter and better prepared for game-planning than college teams are. When a QB has the ability to break from the pocket like Vick, it can create problems for many defenses, especially those that are larger than they are fast.
    I agree, but what nobody sees is that Vick was tied for second with being sacked the most (46). They are wanting him to sit in the pocket longer for A. to give his recievers a chance. (Vick is un-predictable) and B. so he doesn't get sacked as much. my thought (ie= 2 cents)

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
    Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

I'm picking the Bears as an NFC playoff sleeper. They play in a weakened division, they have a solid defense with several playmakers, they have a good running combo with Benson and Jones, and the NFC is just plain bad. I know I'm going out on a limb, but they are my NFC sleeper pick.

god i hope your right!

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
      Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

I'm picking the Bears as an NFC playoff sleeper. They play in a weakened division, they have a solid defense with several playmakers, they have a good running combo with Benson and Jones, and the NFC is just plain bad. I know I'm going out on a limb, but they are my NFC sleeper pick.
        The packers are finally declining to the point where we can handle them. If Joey Harrington cannot step up and be the leader the lions need him to be, we can beat the lions. The vikings will be our test...although the past how many years we have split the series.

Last year before the season began, I said the bears would win the division within 5 years. I still stand by that. We have many young guys and a lot of young talent. We are a team of the future. With a good leader (QB) and good coaching... ...we could make something happen. I don't dislike Lovie Smith yet...but he still hasn't proven himself as a head coach.

I do hope you are right though.

I will be at the game on the 25th against the bengals...bought the tickets the day they went on sale. I bought them at 12:03, and the whole season sold out in 5 minutes (12:05) That game will be a test for us.
        black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Originally posted by Blevyou know
          I agree, but what nobody sees is that Vick was tied for second with being sacked the most (46). They are wanting him to sit in the pocket longer for A. to give his recievers a chance. (Vick is un-predictable) and B. so he doesn't get sacked as much. my thought (ie= 2 cents)
          Him staying in the pocket is what got him sacked so much. Which is why he doesn't want to stay there. Would you? That should tell you the offensive line isn't doing their job.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
            Him staying in the pocket is what got him sacked so much. Which is why he doesn't want to stay there. Would you? That should tell you the offensive line isn't doing their job.

Yeah your right. Although, looking back three more seasons he was still sacked more than average (except 03' cause he was hurt) But your def. right about last season. In conclusion he will be fun to watch... and go bears of course.

Comment

Working...
            X