No announcement yet.

the worst ideas in the car world

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

subaru impreza exterior design one of the ugliest cars ever..
    93 t/a A4 3.23s
    95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
    99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
    99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
    97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
    93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
    00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Originally posted by TRANS AM IN EUROPE
      subaru impreza exterior design one of the ugliest cars ever..
      subraru tribeca...now that's ugly.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
        subraru tribeca...now that's ugly.

I'ma catch myself...Aztec!!! What were the General thinking!?

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

70's and early 80's emissions system , 6.6l and only 200hp

GM LG4 5.0L engine, more like a pick up truck engine than a sports car engine.

Pontiac Fiero.

The last model Ford Thunderbird.

80's Cadillac diesel engine, and early displacement on demand.
          1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
          "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

1. Performance parts for econo cars...seems like an oxymoron to me (wings and f@rt pipes are now common).
            2. Front wheel drive...I guess some people need it, but I prefer to have control over the whole car.
            3. Pre-computer and fuel injected emission controls...caused more pollution from poor running vehicles in the 70s and early 80s.
            4. Aztek...why would any sane person design that horrid POS.
            5. Modern SUVs...for those that need a true utility vehicle this doesn't apply, but why in the heck do suburbanites need these huge gasaholics?
            6. Bean counters and marketing execs...the end of enthusiast's cars. ...at least the ones we can afford.
            '77 K5 rock-crawler project
            '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
            '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
            '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
            '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
            My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
              Biggest one that I can think of...

FORD
              the 80's mustang!!!
              1982 Trans am w/ t-tops
              V8 5.0L 305 H out of an '86 Caprice
              previous owners abused it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                Fart Cans
                Wings
                Tires that stick out past the wheel well.
                Tires that have a section width that is narrower than the rim.
                Neons
                Spoilers on trucks
                i agree with u all the way!!! they r put on a car by a person then that person thinks it is worth to be parked next to a fully restored 69 camaro!?! HELL NO!

Originally posted by roastm
                geo metro! 1.0L 3 cil.
                spinner hub caps
                honda's with NOS 8oz cans on the piller
                and the famous 10 inch round CLOCK with a 10,000 rpm rev limit on the dash!

THE GEO METRO IS A REAL CAR!?! i thought it was just used by circuses to transport their clowns!?! lol
                1982 Trans am w/ t-tops
                V8 5.0L 305 H out of an '86 Caprice
                previous owners abused it!!!

Comment

Gotta go with the neons on this one. Somehow they make even the hottest cars look like S%$#. And pretty much EVERYTHING they do on pimp my ride. Anybody seen the one where they put a 12" monitor under the gas tank?? Like somebody is gonna get on a creeper and lay under their car to watch tv!? Oh and spinners.....don't get me started. Can't believe some people spend more money on those things than they paid for the whole car.

1992 RS 25TH Anniversary (with Heritage package) A4 305 TBI (L03), Mobile 1 Synthetic, Flowmaster 80 Series Cat-Back, 17"x 8" Cragar style rims(painted grey)/Hankook Ventus 245/45Z17....350 Coming One Day......

Comment

Putting 3000 dollar rims on a 900 dollar car
                    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Hmm....I dont think anybody has mentioned this one yet. But I'd have to say the 5 billion stickers all over the ricers. And expessialy the american racing stickers that are on some of the worst rusted cars in the universe.
                      96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

Comment

Honda Element, Scion xB, Toyota Prius, and Honda Insight's body designs. Those are all awful looking.
                        GM's 80's V8-6-4 Engine (maybe not the worst IDEA per say, but definately one of the worst investments of there money)
                        Large Aluminum Wings (especially with two or three decks)
                        Spoilers on Trucks
                        Spinners (I know that's been mentioned)
                        Hydraulics
                        GM's 173 ci v6 that only puts out 107 hp. What a waste.
                        5.0 Mustangs
                        Anyone who tries to pimp out a hatchback Civic or Focus.
                        DVD players in the front dash. That's a wreck to happen.
                        rims over 17"
                        Ground effects on a truck
                        ...anything else?
                        1983 Firebird with all original parts (with a fresh coat of paint on top)

Comment

Why does everyone hate 5.0 Mustangs? They can be pretty quick. Sure they're only good at going in straight lines, but even then they're one of the few Fords that are able to do that much without breaking down.

-Having a 305 paired to an automatic transmission as the only option for mid 80's Monte Carlo SS's
                          -No manual tranny for 350ci third gens
                          -The cup holder location for 4th gens with manual trannies
                          -2nd gen Camaros (Sorry for 2nd gen fans, but I can't imagine driving a 3,800lb trident)
                          Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                          SOLD- Kinda miss it
                          94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                          SOLD- Good riddance!
                          2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
                            -The cup holder location for 4th gens with manual trannies
                            haha, glad to see I'm not the only one who's nailed my tim hortons with my forearm and spilled it. It's not so bad, at least it has one though.

The Chrysler Conquest/Mitsu Starions have NO CUPHOLDER. What were they thinking? Oh and more majorly. Why would they put a 2 injector TBI on a turbo vehicle??
                            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

I almost forgot:

FWD Monte and Impala
                              '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                              '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                              '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                              '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                              '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                              My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by thenuge876
                                Putting 3000 dollar rims on a 900 dollar car
                                Some places in the US, you can lease bling bling wheels.
                                LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X