Fun day at the Dyno!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun day at the Dyno!

I just got back from dynoing a couple cars. Thought I'd share my results with you all.

01 Z06 (I have no history on this car because I bought it used)

332.8 RWHP 342.4 RWTQ Halltech Trap
    She's not very strong but it won't matter in a couple of months.

2006 Z06

466.4 RWHP 440.9 RWTQ Completely stock
    471.7 RWHP 446.5 RWTQ with air cleaner removed

It was a really fun day and I'm so glad my new car isn't weak.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Wow!!! That's something else - must be a blast to drive

Comment

It's absolutely mind binding that a STOCK Z06 will put that much power to the rear wheels, while maintaining full driveability and emissions compliance. I tried that with my car (mild cam - emissions compliant), and only managed 425rwHP through the T56. The C6 Z06 is a true "dream" car. Its got to be closer to 535 flywheel HP from the factory.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
        I just got back from dynoing a couple cars. Thought I'd share my results with you all.

01 Z06 (I have no history on this car because I bought it used)

332.8 RWHP 342.4 RWTQ Halltech Trap
        She's not very strong but it won't matter in a couple of months.

2006 Z06

air cleaner removed!!!!! you better z5 those cylinder walls quick!!!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Your new Z06 is just plain awesome! Congrats on the HP numbers.........very few totally stock cars can produce those kinds of results.
          2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

2006 Z06

nice.

Comment

Nice numbers on the 06 Z Norm. Now it's time for a cam and LT's!

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                Nice numbers on the 06 Z Norm. Now it's time for a cam and LT's!
                I've decided to go Cam, CAI, LG LT's, and a tune. Should be over 550 RWHP if I can do a minimum of what LG did without the tune. They got 540 RWHP with mild cam and headers without a tune.

Comment

I've decided to go Cam, CAI, LG LT's, and a tune. Should be over 550 RWHP if I can do a minimum of what LG did without the tune. They got 540 RWHP with mild cam and headers without a tune.
                  Talk about the LS7 tuning buzz going around. The LS7 60-2 crank reluctor wheel and CKP sensor seems to be one of the major obstacles. Also, the LS7 PCM is mathematically based and not table based supposedly, so it is going to take a little more effort to tackle tuning them.

The LS7's 60-2 crank reluctor wheel apparently uses 1 fixed timing point within 360 degrees of timming. It has 2 teeth missing as the referenced fixed point. The LS1/2's 24x crank reluctor wheel uses a logic that deciphers it within 45 degrees (8x) per 360 degrees of rotation. They are trying right now to convert the 60-2 output signal to that of the 24x signal by means of a PIC transistor. This seems plausible, but it will be tricky to keep the injector pulse timing to behave.

Norm, why don't you be the LS7 pioneer and be the first to use a stand-alone setup?

Comment

Norm, why don't you be the LS7 pioneer and be the first to use a stand-alone setup?
                    No thanks. hee hee I really didn't plan on doing anything to this car. I have a rule, only one crazy car at a time. That way you only have one car to work on. My 01 TT project is going to take up all my spare time.

Comment

No thanks. hee hee I really didn't plan on doing anything to this car. I have a rule, only one crazy car at a time. That way you only have one car to work on. My 01 TT project is going to take up all my spare time.
                      I hear ya. I think 550 RWHP is decent for now.... until you get to drive your 01 Z and it is way faster than the 06 Z! You can't let the new kid on the block be slower!

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised. I am just glad it wasn't weak.

Comment

norm ill give u my LO3 for ur LS7
                          those are some sick numbers
                          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised. I am just glad it wasn't weak.
                            The LS7 article in the Feb 2006 HR Magazine is interesting. According to their stock LS7 camshaft measurements, the cam specs out at 211/230 @.050", .593"/.588" lift w/ 1.8 stock rocker, and 120 LSA.

Cam Motion reports their Camdoctor results as 210/230 @.050", .594"/.590", 120 LSA, 116 ICL.

HR Mag claims they got 600hp out of their "Stage 3" cam which spec'd out at 233/276 @.050", .630"/.630". A very large split! They also did this with a tiny 2.5 collector and a chokingly small 1.75" to 1.875" stepped header. With a 3.5" or larger collector and a 2" to 2.125" stepped header, I suspect they could easily get another 30-40 or more hp increase over the 600.

That GM Racing clear-resin intake manifold is sweet! They need to make identical to the stock EFI intake now!

Comment

The LS7 article in the Feb 2006 HR Magazine is interesting. According to their stock LS7 camshaft measurements, the cam specs out at 211/230 @.050", .593"/.588" lift w/ 1.8 stock rocker, and 120 LSA.

Cam Motion reports their Camdoctor results as 210/230 @.050", .594"/.590", 120 LSA, 116 ICL.

HR Mag claims they got 600hp out of their "Stage 3" cam which spec'd out at 233/276 @.050", .630"/.630". A very large split! They also did this with a tiny 2.5 collector and a chokingly small 1.75" to 1.875" stepped header. With a 3.5" or larger collector and a 2" to 2.125" stepped header, I suspect they could easily get another 30-40 or more hp increase over the 600.

That GM Racing clear-resin intake manifold is sweet! They need to make identical to the stock EFI intake now!
                              That is some fun stuff in that mag. I have it here next to me. However, I wish they would have tested it in fuel injected form and not carb'd. Obviously the FI units make more power from seeing the results of some of the local tuners and their results.

Regardless, I am going to have to do some minor things to mine. There is just too much horsepower sitting on the table and I can't pass it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X