No announcement yet.

Fun day at the Dyno!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For whoever hasn't seen the article, Hot Rod Magazine posted their own stock LS7 headflow results. They were in Metric form, so I converted the LS7 flow data to standard:

Comment

Good stuff there Kevin.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Those are incredible off the seat, mid, and upper flow numbers for a factory head! This LS7 is just kick (_|_) in every way. I can't wait to see someone throw in a set of dished pistons to get the compression down and add some boost!

Comment

120 LSA ?!?!?! Wow!
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Those are incredible flow numbers. The flow is almost comparable to a moderately ported set of SB2.2 heads, up to .6 lift of course.

I just noticed something. LS6 heads flow very minimally more than the LS1 on the intake side, and somewhat more on the exhaust side.
            94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
              120 LSA ?!?!?! Wow!
              Emissions and gas mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
                Those are incredible flow numbers. The flow is almost comparable to a moderately ported set of SB2.2 heads, up to .6 lift of course.

I just noticed something. LS6 heads flow very minimally more than the LS1 on the intake side, and somewhat more on the exhaust side.
                I haven't personally seen a set of LS7 heads, but from what I've heard, GM (or actually Lotus) left a little on the table. I bet there is room for another 50 HP in just additional headwork.

Comment

Here's a pic and a vid, just for the heck of it.

Video
                  http://performin.homeip.net/videos/06z06.mov

Without the filter.

Comment

Just awesome, Norm. It's nice to see GM isn't fooling around with their "factory tuners". Putting that much torque and HP on the ground - bone stock no less - is incredible.

I'm just surprised with the low numbers the '01 put down (relatively speaking, of course). Is it an automatic?
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                      Emissions and gas mileage.
                      Yeah, but 7,000 RPMs with that LSA is pretty amazing!!!
                      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                        Just awesome, Norm. It's nice to see GM isn't fooling around with their "factory tuners". Putting that much torque and HP on the ground - bone stock no less - is incredible.

I'm just surprised with the low numbers the '01 put down (relatively speaking, of course). Is it an automatic?
                        I don't know why it is so weak. Maybe it was abused before I bought it. It actually feels strong. It is fat as a pig too. I would have had him tune it but what is the point. My 02 put down 372. Oh well, it won't matter here in a couple months.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                          I don't know why it is so weak. Maybe it was abused before I bought it. It actually feels strong. It is fat as a pig too. I would have had him tune it but what is the point. My 02 put down 372. Oh well, it won't matter here in a couple months.
                          Looks like the C6 Z06 would benefit from a little tune as well

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                            Yeah, but 7,000 RPMs with that LSA is pretty amazing!!!
                            They make up for the wide LSA with the big exhaust split and relatively higher lift on both side. Pretty smart cam design to make good power and still pass emissions.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                              Again... weak is a relative term.

Still, I was surprised to see the rwhp numbers below the 350 mark. I would have guessed somewhere around 365. Either way, it won't matter as you said. Plus your '06 could be a factory freak.
                              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                                Again... weak is a relative term.

Still, I was surprised to see the rwhp numbers below the 350 mark. I would have guessed somewhere around 365. Either way, it won't matter as you said. Plus your '06 could be a factory freak.
                                I hear ya. I was thinking it would put down 345 to 350. I didn't expect nearly as much as the 02 but expected more.

Comment

Working...
                                X