Im moving south

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88 bird - I'm with ya on this one

I can't wait to pay off the car then my CC (which all cc's are doubling minumum payments now) then I'd like to move to Orlando - Close to the 1/4 mile strip there and brag about racing on New years - best of all - add up all the cold days there together and it is roughly about 2 weeks - and houses are affordable there (compared to the Northeast)
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

Comment

houses are affordable but dont forget the rate of pay is lower there 2
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Yeah... Cost of living is expensive here. However, as Bird stated, the pay is better. Somehow, I don't think it matches the cost of living.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by carguy100200
          Yeah...but you can't do thisdown in Texas, SC, or Florida...hehe
          Looks like a blast, but you guys have to remember one very important thing. Warm weather = less clothed women!

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
            Looks like a blast, but you guys have to remember one very important thing. Warm weather = less clothed women!
            True - But that's not always a good thing...
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

You rarely see the ones livin large in bikinis down here. But hey, everyone needs a little lovin'!

Comment

It's so nice here in bama!!! Lately it's been in the low 70's... just enough to turn off all air conditioning and crack the windows and let the sun heat the car... it's been SO nice... but it could all change tomorrow... we never know what the day will bring down here!!
                I'm a manager for the University of Alabama's gymnastics team and we're going to Baton Rouge this weekend and Penn State next weekend... talk about some changes in weather... I'm not made for the cold... so I'm not looking forward to Pennsylvania snow... but it'll be fun to visit!!!!
                Watch us on ESPN!!! The meet in Baton Rouge should be on there sometime soon!!!
                '07 Black Tahoe LTZ (my new baby)

'96 White Firebird (sold )

Comment

Originally posted by zebragirl83
                  It's so nice here in bama!!! Lately it's been in the low 70's... just enough to turn off all air conditioning and crack the windows and let the sun heat the car... it's been SO nice... but it could all change tomorrow... we never know what the day will bring down here!!
                  I'm a manager for the University of Alabama's gymnastics team and we're going to Baton Rouge this weekend and Penn State next weekend... talk about some changes in weather... I'm not made for the cold... so I'm not looking forward to Pennsylvania snow... but it'll be fun to visit!!!!
                  Watch us on ESPN!!! The meet in Baton Rouge should be on there sometime soon!!!
                  My daughter took gymnastics for years. She had to quit because I got tired of picking her up ing because her wrists, knees and ankles hurt. She just turned 16 and I think she is going to get an evening job teaching it at the gym.
                  2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                    Less clothed is good...as long as you don't put yourself in a position to get caught looking...Btw, it IS a blast...But it will be better when we get my 84 Z-28 built for the studded tire class...
                    Greg W. in West Michigan
                    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                    <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                      My daughter took gymnastics for years. She had to quit because I got tired of picking her up ing because her wrists, knees and ankles hurt. She just turned 16 and I think she is going to get an evening job teaching it at the gym.
                      Yeah... it's really really hard on someone's body to put that much strain on it!!! Gymnastics has a 100% injury rate... but it's a lot of fun to watch and Alabama has an awesome fan following... Tell your daughter good luck... she'll like teaching I'm sure!!!
                      '07 Black Tahoe LTZ (my new baby)

'96 White Firebird (sold )

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                        Yeah... Cost of living is expensive here. However, as Bird stated, the pay is better. Somehow, I don't think it matches the cost of living.
                        ahhh my young jedi, like kerm, I work for the gvt too. a simple transfer of location and viola I 'd get the same pay, the locality i get (19.99% for the boston area) would decrease, but the combination of no state income tax, nicer roads, more pleasant people, better quality produce (produce looks 1/2 dead when it gets to us ), and especially close to decent beaches would make up for the difference
                        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                        pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by carguy100200
                          Less clothed is good...as long as you don't put yourself in a position to get caught looking...Btw, it IS a blast...But it will be better when we get my 84 Z-28 built for the studded tire class...
                          I'm single so I don't have to worry about that! Someday I want to ride one these tricked out snowmobiles that everyone is riding. I've seen some 1000 HP ski's! That would be a blast.

Comment

Working...
                          X