No announcement yet.

Rolled back mileage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the LT1'a had digital odometers. How do you roll those back?
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
      I thought the LT1'a had digital odometers. How do you roll those back?

only late 97's have digital odometers
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
        only late 97's have digital odometers
        ...and they can even be reset to any given number. A high-ranking GM tech needs to do it, however. In the 15 years my Brother has worked at the dealership, only twice has GM had to send someone down to perform this task.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I just don't want any backlash from the current owner, still has my tel # and probably good idea where I live. Yeah I am little paranoid.
          1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
          "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

Give the VIN to one of the guys here then, have them call about the car and get the VIN from the kid, then when they get the car fax report that says the mileage was rolled back, the innocent consumer has no other choice but report this problem. You get off with no repercussions and he gets what he has coming to him.
            -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Originally posted by alenstein
              I just don't want any backlash from the current owner, still has my tel # and probably good idea where I live. Yeah I am little paranoid.
              So then you have his telephone number and a good idea where he lives?

Time to send over Tommy Two-Toes and Joey the Fist and we'll get this guy squared away.

Seriously, give me the VIN and I will report this.
              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

definatey needs to be done, it just is a much better idea now then someone getting screwed later on. Then you ahve to go through a LOT more hassle then if one of us here just reported it, and then it has nothing to do with you.
                -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Working...
                X