jailed for hitting his daughter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Steve and Zebragirl.

On Steve's thoughts - He's right. We can't assume anything at this point. It doesn't look good, but who knows what crowd she's involved with. It's likely he's never done anything like this before, or else he wouldn't be on the force anymore.

However, if he did indeed smack her around, I agree with Zebragirl. I used to fear my Father coming home whenever I did something wrong because I knew the belt was going to be used.... But my dad would NEVER hit me in the face. I have two daughters and a son now, and I couldn't imagine hitting them in that type of manner. Sure, I've given them a smack or two when they do something they shouldn't be doing, but it's never anywhere other than their backside, and I still try to disipline other ways first.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
      I was going to say the exact same thing. You're all assuming he did it. If she got yelled and screamed at enough times and wanted to get back at her mean old dad, that'd be a heck of a way to do it. Knowing he's a cop and any type of domestic violence bars him from owning or operating a gun... one accusation/conviction and his career is done.

If he did do it, there is no reason you need to discipline your child by hitting them in the face 7 times. Spanking them 7 times is fine by me, but you do not hit a child in the face, and not 7 times.
      She probably overexaggerated for sympathy or to make it seem worse than it is. Kids in my high school used to love playing the victim. Maybe he smacked her once in the face then left it at that. She claims that he hit her back too, but there weren't any bruises on her back that they mentioned. He may have hit her harder than he wanted to. All it takes is once to leave a large mark. She says he hit her 7+ times. Why is there only one mark? Not to mention, maybe the bruising would stick after two days, but redness doesn't usually last for 2 whole days. I'm thinking she's a liar.

Taking her permit might not do much in a situation like this. She's at the age where most kids have friends who drive, so she can probably get around without too much trouble. As has been said, you have to know your kid. That might be the worst possible punishment in the world for some people. Being a 15 year old girl and allowing a bunch of guys in the house doesn't really say much for you. It really doesn't seem like the best path to be going down. Especially thieving kids. If they'll steal police uniforms, I don't think they'll have any problems taking other things from the house. Who's to say that he didn't try dealing with it in another way at first? Kids love to mouth off. He could have gotten lip, then lost it on her.
      Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
      SOLD- Kinda miss it
      94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
      SOLD- Good riddance!
      2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Working...
      X