Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#29 OF 29 LT4 Firehawk back on ebay, 27 miles!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DUH, didn't correctly read into the post, my fault. I guess since I own one I really don't understand why LT4 equipped cars can be worth so much. Not particulary fast when compared to what is rolling off the lines now, must be the low production numbers.

But, since this is 1997 LT4 Firehawk #29 of 29 produced and hasn't been driven or titled the asking amount should be higher than 10 years ago because it's now 1 of 1. Problem is I would be afraid to drive it.

With that being said does that mean my 30th is appreciating in value right now or have I accumulated too many miles?

Eric 97LT4SS #093

Comment

Does anybody else not see the issue here? You have a car that has been never been driven, other than the original miles that SLP put on the car. To my knowledge, this car has never even been CRANKED since it was parked. That means, that you have a motor that has been run, and now it has not run since it was bought. Um, bye-bye motor. Now if it has been cranked, oil changed regularly, I can see how the motor would be fine, but now you're in the tranny issue. You can't run something, park it, not drive it, and expect everything to stay lubed, loose, etc. Once those seals have been turned, once that piston moves up and down under fire, once anything has been run, you have to continue to run it or it will deteriorate. Now, I'm sorry, but a car that's been sat up that long after having been operated is going to have MASSIVE issues if it is ever driven on a regular basis. To me, it's just a trophy. I'd rather buy one of the other 28 cars and drive it than have #29 that you can't drive. I'm also pretty sure that a 30,40,50k car that drives on Barrett-Jackson's stage that is restored is worth more than the exact same thing that has to be pulled up there on a trailer for fear of adding a mile onto it. I'm just saying, more power to you if you have that kind of money, but that car to me is not worth a penny because it can't be driven now.

Although, your local Pontiac dealer would have a heckuva warranty nightmare on their hands when it comes in for a recall or even just regular warranty service once it is titled, because that would be a brand new 1997 car that would still apply to the 3 years 36k since it's still on an MSO!!
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
        Does anybody else not see the issue here? You have a car that has been never been driven, other than the original miles that SLP put on the car. To my knowledge, this car has never even been CRANKED since it was parked. That means, that you have a motor that has been run, and now it has not run since it was bought. Um, bye-bye motor. Now if it has been cranked, oil changed regularly, I can see how the motor would be fine, but now you're in the tranny issue. You can't run something, park it, not drive it, and expect everything to stay lubed, loose, etc. Once those seals have been turned, once that piston moves up and down under fire, once anything has been run, you have to continue to run it or it will deteriorate. Now, I'm sorry, but a car that's been sat up that long after having been operated is going to have MASSIVE issues if it is ever driven on a regular basis. To me, it's just a trophy. I'd rather buy one of the other 28 cars and drive it than have #29 that you can't drive. I'm also pretty sure that a 30,40,50k car that drives on Barrett-Jackson's stage that is restored is worth more than the exact same thing that has to be pulled up there on a trailer for fear of adding a mile onto it. I'm just saying, more power to you if you have that kind of money, but that car to me is not worth a penny because it can't be driven now.

Although, your local Pontiac dealer would have a heckuva warranty nightmare on their hands when it comes in for a recall or even just regular warranty service once it is titled, because that would be a brand new 1997 car that would still apply to the 3 years 36k since it's still on an MSO!!
        There are plenty of cars that sit for many many years that don't have any problems whatsoever. Just because a car sits does not automatically suggest that it is going to have problems. Is there a chance there could be problems? Sure. But, if it sat in a climate where there was not much fluxuation in humidity and temperature, it could very likely be just fine. Besides, we have no idea if the car was routinely started where it sat, and that can be even worse sometimes.

The soft parts such as gaskets and seals that are put in these newer cars are made much better than they used to be in older cars. The automatic assumption that a car would have problems is not near as much a problem as it used to be with cars.

You also might want to reconsider your thoughts on this car, as you are needlessly and naively demeaning a cherry Hawk that deserves every penny that it's owner can get.

Comment

If I had a place to put it, I'd buy it. But then I'm car poor...

She's Red and she's Rare.

~Black Beauty ~ Last 97 & LT1 Hawk

Comment

That has the 1le package, right?

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
            2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
              That has the 1le package, right?
              I think so i dont see any power locks or windows.
              1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

LT4 car's were equipped with SLP's Level II suspension. My LT4 has the Level III suspension, which was a no cost option. I was never able to verify what the difference between Level II and III.

Eric 97LT4SS #093

Comment

Working...
                X