Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just heard that officials are citing Cheney for the lack of the stamp but invetigators have officially blamed the victim for causing the accident by stepping out of the line he was in.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Television talk shows took aim Monday at Vice President Dick Cheney's accidental weekend shooting in Texas of a hunting companion. Here are a few of the jokes.

"Late Show with David Letterman," CBS

"Good news, ladies and gentlemen, we have finally located weapons of mass destruction: It's Dick Cheney."

"But here is the sad part -- before the trip Donald Rumsfeld had denied the guy's request for body armor."

"We can't get Bin Laden, but we nailed a 78-year-old attorney."

"The guy who got gunned down, he is a Republican lawyer and a big Republican donor and fortunately the buck shot was deflected by wads of laundered cash. So he's fine. He took a little in the wallet."

"The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," NBC

"Although it is beautiful here in California, the weather back East has been atrocious. There was so much snow in Washington, D.C., Dick Cheney accidentally shot a fat guy thinking it was a polar bear."

"That's the big story over the weekend. ... Dick Cheney accidentally shot a fellow hunter, a 78-year-old lawyer. In fact, when people found out he shot a lawyer, his popularity is now at 92 percent."

"I think Cheney is starting to lose it. After he shot the guy he screamed, 'Anyone else want to call domestic wire tapping illegal?' "

"Dick Cheney is capitalizing on this for Valentine's Day. It's the new Dick Cheney cologne. It's called Duck!"

"The Daily Show with Jon Stewart," Comedy Central

The show's segment titles included "Cheney's Got a Gun," "No. 2 With a Bullet" and "Dead-Eye Dick."

"Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot a man during a quail hunt ... making 78-year-old Harry Whittington the first person shot by a sitting veep since Alexander Hamilton. Hamilton, of course, (was) shot in a duel with Aaron Burr over issues of honor, integrity and political maneuvering. Whittington? Mistaken for a bird."

"Now, this story certainly has its humorous aspects. ... But it also raises a serious issue, one which I feel very strongly about. ... Moms, dads, if you're watching right now, I can't emphasize this enough: Do not let your kids go on hunting trips with the vice president. I don't care what kind of lucrative contracts they're trying to land, or energy regulations they're trying to get lifted -- it's just not worth it."

"Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson," CBS

"He is a lawyer and he got shot in the face. But he's a lawyer, he can use his other face. He'll be all right."

"You can understand why this lawyer fellow let his guard down, because if you're out hunting with a politician, you think, 'If I'm going to get it, it's going to be in the back.' "

"The big scandal apparently is that they didn't release the news for 18 hours. I don't think that's a scandal at all. I'm quite pleased about that. Finally there's a secret the vice president's office can keep."

"Apparently the reason they didn't release the information right away is they said we had to get the facts right. That's never stopped them in the past."

I don't care who you are, those are funny!
      Dave M

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
        I don't care who you are, those are funny!
        Some are, some aren't. Some are over the line.

It's funny how Iran has said "screw you" to the rest of the world and has restarted enriching uranium and the biggest news story is the VP accidentally shot some one who screwed up and walked in the line of fire. If that doesn't show you there is a bias in the media against republicans nothing will. They would not have done this if it were Al Gore. The headlines would have been "republican lawyer screws up and walks in front of VP Gore who accidentally shoots him". Why aren't more people paying attention to Iran? How sad it is we have to put up with the media the way it is.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I've just heard that officials are citing Cheney for the lack of the stamp but invetigators have officially blamed the victim for causing the accident by stepping out of the line he was in.
          The lawyer stamp? LOL
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Edited by admin.

Comment

dumb (_!_) media sks anymore....

whoopie doo, big f deal, guy got peppered.... do you know how many people get peppered ever year dove, duck, goose, and quail hunting.........

sheez o flip.

and last night, some local channel media dude had a hand full of no. 8 bird shot in one hand, massaging it around...and a cut open shell in the other, while he "updated the incident" report......

makes me puke.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

***Breaking Update*****

They are now saying the victim has suffered a heart attack and has some birdshot lodged in his heart.
                Dave M

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                  Edited by admin.

I'm not sure what your definition of getting peppered is but I don't consider bird shot that gets into you far enough to get into a vein that then travels to your heart just getting peppered. This is exactly what I've been saying all along, hunting is something that is a ton of fun but needs to be taken seriously and incidents like this DO give hunters a bad name.
                  1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

I am not liking the direction this is taking when members start bashing each other.

This thread is done.

Comment

Working...
                    X