Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help

Dont worry im keeping the bird.

After days of test driving i drove alot of cars, R32 VR6, WRX, Srt-4, GTI VR6, Jetta 1.8T wolfsburg edition 5 Speed, coblat ss, ion redline, trailblazer ss awd, scion tc, G6 GTP coupe 6-speed

And out of all those cars the R32 was by far my favorite. It was perfect in every way imaginable.

But im still in highschool and a rare # of 5,000 made it was a 2004 the only year made with 20k was still 25,000 getting hooked up, they bluebook for over 30 still. It was more than i really want to spend its like 600 atleast with insurance and car paymetn all in my fathers name.

So ive decided to pick up a SRT-4 and i want it by the end of the week.

with-
    viper seats
    subwoofer
    sunroof

in orange, black, or silver.

Anyhting bad i should know about the srt-4 cars?

Now my question is should i buy a stage 2 car already built with mopar parts, or should i buy one and put the stage kit on it?

And how do i pick out a good car and rate it over the others?

Thank you so much if you read this all.
    1995 LT1 bird
    10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.
    275/40/17 Nitto NT555R extreme drags in rear

2005 Dode SRT-4
    agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!
    6 dics cd changer, 10 inch MTX fully loaded with moonroof and viper style seats

I don't know a heck of a lot about those type of cars, but you may be able to get some info HERE. It's an SRT-4 forum. Just ask what problems they generally have.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

this may be the off topic section, but it aint no mopar forum..............

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I still don't understand this. You mention you're a HS student and that money is a concern to you (or else you'd be buying the VW). But then you talk about buying an SRT-4 and about upgrading it to Stage 2, while at the same time you already own an f-body. Why would you keep both cars? The SRT-4, if upgraded to stage 2, is going to be faster than your f-body anyway. Makes zero sense to me.

Oh well...
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Viper seats = big mistake.
          Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
          SOLD- Kinda miss it
          94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
          SOLD- Good riddance!
          2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

why wouldnt i keep my firebird? i plan on modding it when i get my graduation money in a few months, heads and cam maybe a 383 stroker.
            1995 LT1 bird
            10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.

2005 Dode SRT-4
            agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!

Comment

How much are you looking to spend on a car? That would probably be a good place to start at least.
              -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Originally posted by DetroitLT1
                why wouldnt i keep my firebird? i plan on modding it when i get my graduation money in a few months, heads and cam maybe a 383 stroker.
                OK... so... why not use the money you are going to buy the SRT-4 with in order to mod the Firebird? Having both cars just doesn't make sense if you don't have unlimited funds.
                Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Neon's suck. And at the end of the day, an SRT-4 is still a Neon. Of those cars, I like the G6 for a DD. Like jay said, it doesn't make sense to have two sports cars if you don't have the funds. I like that redline a lot too. Much nicer looking than the Neon.

I would never buy a Dodge.
                  97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Those cars are really tiny too, i road in a buddies here at school and i felt like I was in a clown car, worse than the back seat of the T/A.
                    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

If you're buying used, you're probably not going to find an SRT4 that didn't have the crap beat out of it. If you're looking for a daily driver to have around while you build up the TA, then I'd suggest going with something more practical and cheaper. Maybe an older 4 door Grand Prix GTP. They've got plenty of pep, can be modded fairly easily, and you can pick up late 90's models for under $7-8k. I too don't see the wisdom in having an f-body (especially one you'll be modding heavily) and a modified SRT4. You'll be dumping money into 2 cars. Even if you don't mod the SRT4 (unlikely) you'll be making hefty payments on it. I think at this point in your life, there are wiser uses for the money. Take this as a little fatherly advice, do with it what you will.

BTW, I had a stock 97 GTP and I hung with several SRT4's in races. They do have the same stock HP.
                      Dave M
                      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Anyhting bad i should know about the srt-4 cars?
                        Please don't get the kit that vents your compressor bypass valve.
                        Turbo is a mitsubishi 16G which is a very good start. The bad news is that the turbo and manifold are one piece. So upgrading to something like a 50 trim turbo is a pain.
                        96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

you guys are preddy aginst them i see. thats ok to each his own i suppose. i dont think i am going to mod the srt-4 i am going to go pick one up in about a 1/2 hour. its a 2005 with 5k on the clicker. its the orange blast color with power moonroof, viper seats, living loud sound system with kicker sub stock. the entire car is stock and i am getting it for 16,295 from a dealer about 2 hours from my house. The original owner was a mopar enthusiast and bought this car and a brand new hemi truck at the same time and decided he ddint want the payment anymore. It was the dealer's friend's car. and i truely like the cars, they handle good and are pretty quick. i want something to drive everyday to save miles on the bird. That car is my true baby and nothing could ever replace it.
                          1995 LT1 bird

2005 Dode SRT-4

Comment

Good luck with it and give us a review when you have driven it for a while.
                            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

srt-4 review

before you jsut dont go on and read because it is so long ill tell the most important thing. this car is a mustang eater.

alrite i got the car. its pretty sweet. its orange blast coat in color. this baby is fully loaded with power moonroof, in dash 6 disc changer, 10 inch kicker sub with amp all stock. it has the viper stlye seats, ive put like 5 or 6 hundred miles on it already so its a 6k and some change. a few small rock ships on the front fascia and a tiny chip on the hood. not even noticable if your not a fanatic like myself. interior and rest of paint is completly perfect. the owner was in his late 30's early 40's and everyone at the dealership nknew him. i paid 16,200 for the car its a 2005.

now performance. the brakes are very good. i have no problem stoppping from 100 plus.

off the line the car is terrible. no traction and wicked bad wheel hop. so i ordered some motor moutn inserts that are supposed to eliminate most of the wheel hop and help with traction.

i ran a gt stang like a 05 it had full exhaust that i know for sure. and it sounded very good so im sure there was more. i had 2 other kids in the car so im 195 this kid was 205 and the other 115. thats about 500 pounds extra

i pulled on him by about 2 1/2 3 cars and he even gave me a ricer fly by

i killed a Rx-8 by about 3 cars

i hung with a CTS-V 400 hp stick shift i was behind about 1/2 car when my tubro kicked in all the way

this car is a different type of fast

the handling is amazing. i have no complaints there. better than my uncles audi tt and far better than my bird. its so stiff and tight.

overall i am impressed with the car and happy i went with it. but its not a f-body by any means.
                              1995 LT1 bird

2005 Dode SRT-4

Comment

Working...
                              X