Need help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DetroitLT1
    i hung with a CTS-V 400 hp stick shift i was behind about 1/2 car when my tubro kicked in all the way
    uh-huh

Glad you're happy with your car. We should race.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

before you jsut dont go on and read because it is so long ill tell the most important thing. this car is a mustang eater.

alrite i got the car. its pretty sweet. its orange blast coat in color. this baby is fully loaded with power moonroof, in dash 6 disc changer, 10 inch kicker sub with amp all stock. it has the viper stlye seats, ive put like 5 or 6 hundred miles on it already so its a 6k and some change. a few small rock ships on the front fascia and a tiny chip on the hood. not even noticable if your not a fanatic like myself. interior and rest of paint is completly perfect. the owner was in his late 30's early 40's and everyone at the dealership nknew him. i paid 16,200 for the car its a 2005.

now performance. the brakes are very good. i have no problem stoppping from 100 plus.

off the line the car is terrible. no traction and wicked bad wheel hop. so i ordered some motor moutn inserts that are supposed to eliminate most of the wheel hop and help with traction.

i ran a gt stang like a 05 it had full exhaust that i know for sure. and it sounded very good so im sure there was more. i had 2 other kids in the car so im 195 this kid was 205 and the other 115. thats about 500 pounds extra

i pulled on him by about 2 1/2 3 cars and he even gave me a ricer fly by

i killed a Rx-8 by about 3 cars

i hung with a CTS-V 400 hp stick shift i was behind about 1/2 car when my tubro kicked in all the way

this car is a different type of fast

the handling is amazing. i have no complaints there. better than my uncles audi tt and far better than my bird. its so stiff and tight.

overall i am impressed with the car and happy i went with it. but its not a f-body by any means.
      lmao, dude, it's a neon with a turbo and big brakes. That's it. You are not beating or even HANGING with any car that has 400HP or close to it. And beating a new GT with a full exhaust?? ehh, you might want to watch what you say. That Neon is a low 14 second car, very high 13 second car at best. Factor in a car full of people and a young driver, bad traction, you're probably looking at a low to mid 14 second car. Those new stangs are running mid 13's stock. Full exhaust, I couldn't tell you.

I realize you are young, but this is a car enthusiasts site, full of grown men that love cars and know them well. Not 17 year old girls that believe whatever you tell them. I wouldn't make posts like that unless I wanted to get flamed. Just my 5.7 cents.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
        Those new stangs are running mid 13's stock. Full exhaust, I couldn't tell you.
        Haven't you heard? All Mustangs are slow. Especially around Detroit.
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

before you jsut dont go on and read because it is so long ill tell the most important thing. this car is a mustang eater.

alrite i got the car. its pretty sweet. its orange blast coat in color. this baby is fully loaded with power moonroof, in dash 6 disc changer, 10 inch kicker sub with amp all stock. it has the viper stlye seats, ive put like 5 or 6 hundred miles on it already so its a 6k and some change. a few small rock ships on the front fascia and a tiny chip on the hood. not even noticable if your not a fanatic like myself. interior and rest of paint is completly perfect. the owner was in his late 30's early 40's and everyone at the dealership nknew him. i paid 16,200 for the car its a 2005.

now performance. the brakes are very good. i have no problem stoppping from 100 plus.

off the line the car is terrible. no traction and wicked bad wheel hop. so i ordered some motor moutn inserts that are supposed to eliminate most of the wheel hop and help with traction.

i ran a gt stang like a 05 it had full exhaust that i know for sure. and it sounded very good so im sure there was more. i had 2 other kids in the car so im 195 this kid was 205 and the other 115. thats about 500 pounds extra

i pulled on him by about 2 1/2 3 cars and he even gave me a ricer fly by

i killed a Rx-8 by about 3 cars

this car is a different type of fast

the handling is amazing. i have no complaints there. better than my uncles audi tt and far better than my bird. its so stiff and tight.

overall i am impressed with the car and happy i went with it. but its not a f-body by any means.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
          Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
          6.2L/382.97 ci
          Custom PROM Dyno tuned
          WCT-5 speed
          BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
          Boss MS 18" Rims
          Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
          Custom Dual exhaust
          1LE upgrade
          Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
          In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter
            Hahaha I love it. This is some great fictional reading.
            Well, I wouldn't go so far as to call it all-out fictional. Are SRT-4s pretty quick? Yes, they are. Modified ones especially, and they're easy to mod.

Could it hang with a CTS-V? Yes, it could... anything can happen in a race, but it certainly won't happen the majority of times. The CTS-V lays down low 13s and traps near 110... in most cases, the SRT-4 won't "hang" around at all, but anything can happen in a single race.

The rest of the post is pretty believable - although the devastation of the Mustang also seems questionable. Possibly exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
              Well, I wouldn't go so far as to call it all-out fictional. Are SRT-4s pretty quick? Yes, they are. Modified ones especially, and they're easy to mod.

Could it hang with a CTS-V? Yes, it could... anything can happen in a race, but it certainly won't happen the majority of times. The CTS-V lays down low 13s and traps near 110... in most cases, the SRT-4 won't "hang" around at all, but anything can happen in a single race.

The rest of the post is pretty believable - although the devastation of the Mustang also seems questionable. Possibly exaggerated.
              It's also possible the CTS-V wasn't even racing, or was just playing with him.
              Dave M
              Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

You guys asked for a review. I can never say anything without getting flamed. You all state that this forum is not like the rest, while in reality the issues of other sites is beginning to cause a serious problem on this site. I don’t know about some of you, but i am no longer feeling welcome on this site. I’m not lashing out in anger, but i am ashamed of the direction this site is heading. Yes it is a very helpful site, focusing mostly on tech related topics, but it seems as though some people are just looking for a reason to rip on someone.

I don’t have to prove myself to anyone, and if you don’t believe me that’s ok. Because inside i know that i did not lie. But for those of you that still want to try to argue your point, here you go.....

I may have quoted that this car is stock, but in all reality I have no idea. The turbo is incredibly loud, not to mention I’ve had a little experience driving quick cars.

I have a g-tech that i used a few times and it read 13.8 and 13.9 with absolutely no traction. I know these aren’t the most accurate tools but it is at least a ruff estimate.

And in regards to the CTS, the race was on Woodward and we ran a few times. I didnt state how bad he beat me a few times, or how i pulled on him another by a car until he gained on me so fast i let off to keep my pride. It was an older guy. We pulled up to a light he rolled down his window and asked me what i had in my car and i said stock 2.4 liter turbo he said "no shit, that things pretty quick, be safe"

The RX-8 and the Mustang were pathetic races and a waste of gas a rubber.

Everything i said was completely true. If anyone has an issue with anything i said or any questions i would be glad to answer them if presented in a mature fashion.

If i have offended anyone i apologize as that was not my intention at all.

A fellow F-body brother,
                Cody Gould
                1995 LT1 bird
                10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.
                275/40/17 Nitto NT555R extreme drags in rear

2005 Dode SRT-4
                agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!
                6 dics cd changer, 10 inch MTX fully loaded with moonroof and viper style seats

Comment

OK. But Mustangs are not slow cars... I don't know why you think they are.

As I said before, I'm glad you like your new car.

As far as people "flaming" you... they're doing nothing more than asking for the truth. Your post says, "I hung with a CTS-V, was 1/2 a car behind him when my turbo kicked in all the way." It's obvious BS, and you got called out on it. You just conveniently happened not to mention the rest of the story which included, "I didnt state how bad he beat me a few times, or how i pulled on him another by a car until he gained on me so fast i let off to keep my pride."

Tell the truth instead of exaggerating something to make yourself look better on the internet, and you won't be "flamed" next time.

And I'm still serious. Milan dragway opens in April I think... I wouldn't at all mind going head to head with you. Not as a "grudge" match or anything like that, but for fun. I think our cars would probably be a decent race.

Comment

You guys asked for a review. I can never say anything without getting flamed. You all state that this forum is not like the rest, while in reality the issues of other sites is beginning to cause a serious problem on this site. I don’t know about some of you, but i am no longer feeling welcome on this site. I’m not lashing out in anger, but i am ashamed of the direction this site is heading. Yes it is a very helpful site, focusing mostly on tech related topics, but it seems as though some people are just looking for a reason to rip on someone.

I don’t have to prove myself to anyone, and if you don’t believe me that’s ok. Because inside i know that i did not lie. But for those of you that still want to try to argue your point, here you go.....

I may have quoted that this car is stock, but in all reality I have no idea. The turbo is incredibly loud, not to mention I’ve had a little experience driving quick cars.

I have a g-tech that i used a few times and it read 13.8 and 13.9 with absolutely no traction. I know these aren’t the most accurate tools but it is at least a ruff estimate.

And in regards to the CTS, the race was on Woodward and we ran a few times. I didnt state how bad he beat me a few times, or how i pulled on him another by a car until he gained on me so fast i let off to keep my pride. It was an older guy. We pulled up to a light he rolled down his window and asked me what i had in my car and i said stock 2.4 liter turbo he said "no shit, that things pretty quick, be safe"

The RX-8 and the Mustang were pathetic races and a waste of gas a rubber.

Everything i said was completely true. If anyone has an issue with anything i said or any questions i would be glad to answer them if presented in a mature fashion.

If i have offended anyone i apologize as that was not my intention at all.

A fellow F-body brother,
                    Cody Gould
                    I'm sorry I f I offended you. The post just sounded to puffed up to be taken really serious. I am not ripping on you. I feel bad for posting What I did and I will gladly take it back. I do not wish to cause you to leave.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                    6.2L/382.97 ci
                    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                    WCT-5 speed
                    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                    Boss MS 18" Rims
                    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                    Custom Dual exhaust
                    1LE upgrade
                    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

I accept your apology. When i posted that review it was late i had just got home from a late night out and i had been having alot of fun in my new car. In response to the mustang statement, i am used to burning them in my firebird and even in my mothers cobalt ss. To me, alot of them are slow.

And about the milan dragway, sure ill run you once i get some stickier tires up front and different motor mounts so i can launch without all of the wheel hop. Ofcourse your in low 13's or high 12's im sure. It would still be fun and by then i may have a few mods of my own and able to hang with you. Ill bring the bird too and maybe we can have our own little f-body gathering. That would be fun.

Once again i apologize for any hard feelings and i appreciate the sincerity of your apology.
                      1995 LT1 bird
                      10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.

2005 Dode SRT-4
                      agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!

Comment

And about the milan dragway, sure ill run you once i get some stickier tires up front and different motor mounts so i can launch without all of the wheel hop. Ofcourse your in low 13's or high 12's im sure. It would still be fun and by then i may have a few mods of my own and able to hang with you. Ill bring the bird too and maybe we can have our own little f-body gathering. That would be fun.
                        I sold that car, actually. I have a Subaru now. Mag times range from 13.7 to 14.2.

Comment

Hey fellas count me in on the Milan fun! Just let me know when you all may be goin.

Anyways, congrats on the car. When they first came out, I thought about getting one, like you, after a couple of years. Then the started talking about the Cobalt SS and comparing the two. So, of course, I gave it some more thought...Then I got my bird at the right price and it was no longer an issue. Good luck with it and hope to see ya at Milan this summer.
                          Greg W. in West Michigan
                          1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                          1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                          1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                          1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                          1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                          <Motor out

Comment

hey, i want in on the fun. Jay, our rendevous is back on. You gon' get handled boi

Should be a good race between all 3 or 4 of us.
                            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

i looked at those when i was checking out the sti's and wrx's. i wish i could have afforded a awd car. The WRX's jsut werent what i was looking for. so its on for sure.
                              1995 LT1 bird

2005 Dode SRT-4

Comment

Alrite so i got a bunch of vids for you guys of the new srt. Im not going to list them or anything until i get them uploaded because no one is going to believe me and i dont feel like getting flammed. So ill just wait until the vids are loaded before i tell you guys the details. Just giving you guys a heads up so you know to keep an eye out if your interested. I took the car to woodward and gratiot tonite. Gratiot was on fire.
                                1995 LT1 bird

2005 Dode SRT-4

Comment

Working...
                                X