A decade of HP behind

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redws6
    i think from 92 and up the used speed density instead of the mass airflow sensor...that really doesnt have anything to do with a limiter but i figured they might have changed the setup when they switched to speed density.
    not my car, TBIs wer enever MAF just Map and TPS controlled , plus having the 5th gear works wonders
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
      Agree 100% on the shifter location. I couldn't see being comfortable in traffic with that. On the comfort note, I also found the seats to be unsupportive, like they wouldn't hold you through hard cornering. Did you find that to be the case?
      I thought the f-body was 100x more comfortable. However, the Cobras seats would hold you in place better around the turns - more aggressive side bolsters.
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
        Wait... so did you keep up? Or did he smoke you?

This outcome seems much more like what should happen in the race if the Mustang is driven well. He wouldn't really need to be modded or tuned at all to do it, either.
        Well, it wasn't a race, I dont remember calling it one but if I did I didnt mean to. It was just us hossing around. By the time we were even beside each other we were doing 50-60mph. Then we just kinda floored it to (when mine redlined) about 120-125. By that meant keeping up with him. Then the Cobra kept pulling when I redlined, at that point he smoked me. But the whole thing wasnt a race. I know what yall mean by the cheap interior. The whole setup of the car is uncomfortable. The center console, gauges, seat position, etc. Mustangs have always been kinda sloppy on the inside.

1992 RS 25TH Anniversary (with Heritage package) A4 305 TBI (L03), Mobile 1 Synthetic, Flowmaster 80 Series Cat-Back, 17"x 8" Cragar style rims(painted grey)/Hankook Ventus 245/45Z17....350 Coming One Day......

Comment

The major problem I had with the Cobra (or any fox body Mustang for that matter) was how high you sit in comparison to our F-bodies. It just didn't seem like you were in a serious machine. It was unfortunate because I really liked the IRS of the Cobra. There were a few aspects I really loved, but the whole package was kind of disappointing.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
          X