What would you drive?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you drive?

OK, as bad as it would be to not have F-body's in our life today or since the late sixties, what if we didn't? What would you drive? Would, like some of you have already, splurge on a Vette, or try to stay in that affordable performance range of say like the....ummmm Mustang? What if T/A's, Z28's, IROC's, Firehawks, Rally Sports, and SS's never existed? What would you be driving? I would probably have a nice Silverado or Z71.

1992 RS 25TH Anniversary (with Heritage package) A4 305 TBI (L03), Mobile 1 Synthetic, Flowmaster 80 Series Cat-Back, 17"x 8" Cragar style rims(painted grey)/Hankook Ventus 245/45Z17....350 Coming One Day......

Oh man...

Well... unfortunately back in the day... when I was a quite a bit younger I LOVED Mustangs (I know, I know... don't freak out on me!)... then I grew up... turned 16 and realized that there was definately more to life! So, I might have to say that I wouldn't have seen the error of my ways and would have done the unthinkable... BUT!... Being older and much wiser... I would have to say that my second love will always be a 2-door Tahoe...
    '07 Black Tahoe LTZ (my new baby)

'96 White Firebird (sold )

Comment

I've always wanted a firebird ever since I was young, i couldn't imagine not having one...however I've always been partial to some of the older vettes. Probably be driviing a decent truck though if the T/A never existed, of course if a mustang was the only muscle car around we'd probably all be driving one fo those thats a scary thought.
      -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

2002 Duramax Diesel 2500 Crew cab, short box. 8" lift, 37 mud-terrians. dual 6" stacks angled out to the sides, daul 4 foot whip antennas im still a redneck
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I would have a G-Body car from the mid 80's. A Grand National, Monte Carlo SS, Hurst Olds or 442. My first car was an '84 Grand Prix. I've been partial to them ever since.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Buick Stage 1 or GNat.

then

a gto/monaro

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Well, I'm on a budget...It's tough to answer since the F-body fits my needs so perfectly. I don't know what I'd do without that horsepower and big 'ol hatchback. I suppose I'd get a newer Stang GT. It's much improved over the last model. Or maybe a Cobalt SS, that's supposed to be really fun and the price is right. I don't know about the looks though.
              Joe K.
              '11 BMW 328i
              '10 Matrix S AWD
              Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

That says it all. I'm gonna go with one of wolfman's suggestions and take my GN
                Steve
                79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

No f-body hmmmm......With no restrictions on money 06 Z06. Or an '02 Hennesey TT Viper(drool)

Now in my current situation, A mustang Cobra(can't afford the newer ones, so a 99 or 98) or 300zx 2 seat TT
                  2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                  2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

How about a '70 Chevelle SS? I'd love to drive that...if it's not too old considering the question. Or maybe a Porsche 911 Turbo
                    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                      Buick Stage 1 or GNat.
                      That will do!

Comment

Subaru Legacy GT Limited spec.B
                        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Well if money was no object, I would have a 06 ZO6. I've had 4 different f-dody's over the years and my wife's had 4, so we're pretty partial to them. My wife hasn't had anything other than a firebird since 1985.
                          2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
                          1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
                          2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                          2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
                          2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
                            ...Or maybe a Porsche 911 Turbo
                            Mmmmmmmm...Porsche...
                            Steve
                            79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                            87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                            93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                            http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I actually have baby pictures of me wearing a Trans Am shirt. Even back then I knew of the awesomeness we possess

If F-bodies didn't exist I think I'd be in a C4. Maybe an turbo Eclipse or Audi.

Actually,now that I'm thinking about it, if it weren't for F-bodies I wouldn't care what I was driving. A few years ago, I didn't care about cars. Then one day I came eye to...hood with an '02 WS6. That changed everything.
                              Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                              SOLD- Kinda miss it
                              94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                              SOLD- Good riddance!
                              2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Working...
                              X