X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entire PINKS episode TA vs. Civic

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...467864&q=pinks
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Go to about 7:39. The fat guy tells the Civic driver he was "granny shifting"

If it weren't for the Fast and the Furious, that wouldn't have seemed funny in any way
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Even though I watched it the other night, I watched it again just to here the Civic crew's incesant whining. The part that struck me oddest was when they accused the Trans Am crew of cutting the boost line. I guess anything for an excuse.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I haave to agree with the guys in the other thread to the TA driver was definately one of the nicest guys that they've had on the show. And it was hilarious when he asked the guy if the civic got good gas mileage
        -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Turns out that guy is part of Bay Area F-body. Calls himself "The Milkman" lol
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I got worried there for a second thought the TA was going to lose it, But he did us proud you go boy!!! I am always getting some whiny import revving up next to me on the high way. Even with a rolling start in front I still spank that booty..The ones that keep playing on my nerves are these Dodge Neon Srt 4 turbo's. These guys think there untouchable because of all the after market stuff they put in it. Anyone else feel the same way?
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2317021/1

2001 Blk Firbird Formula 6 sp hurst shift (my toy) Upgrades: American thunder Flowmasters, Cross drilled rotors, Centerforce Clutch and Flywheel. Car is in Bodyshop for full painting now with Ram Air, Rims, and wing being installed.
            2006 Blk Cobalt SS (my commuter car)
            2003 Harley 1200 sportster 100th anniversary (For sale)
            2007 Jeep compass

Comment

I agree, most of their mods are things like stickers.... or body kits that do nothing but add weight. One of personal favorites is when they but a rear bumper cover that has openings for a dual exhaust but they only have the single.....yeah.

ricers = lame
              -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Comment

I was glad to see the TA win, I mean if he did 'lose', would it really have been a win for the Civic? 20 cars? COME ON!

damn ricers
                1998 TA M6 SLP Lid, Cold Air and Bellow, Flowmaster 3", Centerforce DF, Fast Toys MAF ends, JET skip shift eliminator 312rwhp/366rwtq

92 Lincoln Mark VII LSC For Sale

Visit Central Jersey Mustangs & Fords

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                  Turns out that guy is part of Bay Area F-body. Calls himself "The Milkman" lol
                  Which guy are you talking about? Jeff Creech is "Milkman", he may be part of Bay Area F-body but he lives here in NC. http://www.carolinaautomasters.com/
                  http://www.gotmilkracing.com/

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
                  '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
                  Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

How is it a race if they are negotiating car lengths? He got stomped. I might have to start DVR'ing this show.
                    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                    Traded in: 1998 Z28
                    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Wow, that place for the TA is real close to me, I go to Durham everyday, I just might have to stop by and check that place out.
                      2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                      Traded in: 1998 Z28
                      http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Originally posted by Firebirdcrazy
                        I got worried there for a second thought the TA was going to lose it, But he did us proud you go boy!!! I am always getting some whiny import revving up next to me on the high way. Even with a rolling start in front I still spank that booty..The ones that keep playing on my nerves are these Dodge Neon Srt 4 turbo's. These guys think there untouchable because of all the after market stuff they put in it. Anyone else feel the same way?

Yep = SRT4 owners are the worst in my opinion. They are pretty quick stock and can be really scary when modded
                        Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Originally posted by Firebirdcrazy

i take offense to that . i own both an f-body and an srt-4. My srt is stock as far as i know with only a drop in filter, but it is quick. by no means is it an f-body but it likes V8s. My buddy has one comepletlely stock on 15' centerlines with mickies and it ran very consistent 13.76 comepletly stock. Ive seen many other's like that. It isnt an import, the money isnt going overseas. I see no reason to bash them unless they are covered in stickers or something to that nature. Once you drive one you will know what i mean. A few hundred dollars and they are in 12's. Over 150 mph top speed. 13 second quarter mile stock. very impressive handling, excellent braking power and 30 mpg. Most definatly not a joke.

But i still love my bird more.
                          1995 LT1 bird
                          10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.
                          275/40/17 Nitto NT555R extreme drags in rear

2005 Dode SRT-4
                          agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!
                          6 dics cd changer, 10 inch MTX fully loaded with moonroof and viper style seats

Comment

I've never seen that show before today but I gotta tell you, that is one idiotic show.

Run what you brought. PERIOD! No excuses, not handicaps. Just run.
                            LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

It would be cooler that way, i mean if these guys think that their car is so hot, they shouldn't be asking for 20 lengths, i mean he's half way down the track at that point. Thats why my favorite was that first race where he only got 1 and the TA just smoked him
                              -Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X