Humbled a GTO today!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfman
    had to have some fun with it...esp. with raro... i knew he's get his hair up with my posts... LOL
    lol, i'm sure i'm not only one who gets tired of hearing about the GTO like it's a brand new Z06
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

got cha going eh?!!!!! LOL

nice kill.

had to have some fun with it...esp. with raro... i knew he's get his hair up with my posts... LOL

but seriously, you did have passengers, and from 0-60..thats pretty hard to believe you beat that goat........ but...."on any given sunday" as the old movie went.

im outter here for dinner.........

yall have fun.

Ken, It's the 0-40 with AWD that is crushing. If you remember, that was the charm with the Syclone back in it's day. 0-60 in 4.6 seconds...... in the rain. There is no way that a GTO is going to make up the difference by 60 mph. On the top end, it's the GTO all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
        lol, i'm sure i'm not only one who gets tired of hearing about the GTO like it's a brand new Z06
        hmmmmmmmm

ok..

guess I'll have to start posting about the Envoy then...........

f-bodies are gone...........

shoulda bought a bmw.......then i could realy have fun..... hmmmmmmm

m6......

yeah.........

hmmmmmmmmmm

it aint no z06.....but i'ts my car...... and it's a good car, an underated in some cases, but its starting to get some publicity...which is good.......Holden did a good job for GM....and like all car enthusiasts....that are proud of thier cars.....I am....... im a Pontiac guy, have been since 70........ so you think i post about the car like its a new "z06"............ right....... i could buy a z06...... but thats not what i wanted....... granted, its a heck of alot more car....... but the goat.......

it's American Muscle too, and the f body is no more.........and American Muscle is all i've bought and supported since 1967............except for work vehicles.....

if you got a problem with that.....then your attitude can kiss my (__!__)

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          Ken, It's the 0-40 with AWD that is crushing. If you remember, that was the charm with the Syclone back in it's day. 0-60 in 4.6 seconds...... in the rain. There is no way that a GTO is going to make up the difference by 60 mph. On the top end, it's the GTO all the way.
          or from a roll............ its the "take off" that the awd does it on... from a roll...say at 25mph the goat will suprise you, with a good drive that is

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

I got a friend here in town that has a 04 or 05 Lancer Evo and they are just getting finished with a new cam clutch and upgraded turbo. The thing is sick... Now having said that, It will smoke the crap out of my Formula, but they paid 35K for the car and have about another 10K into it. they are paying monthly what my first mortgage was. It's not my style, but it is a bad ride. If I was paying that kind of money a month, I'd buy a Z06...
            2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
            1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
            2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

I always say it should be a 3 way contest:

1) Drag Race
              2) Tug-of-War
              3) Beauty Contest

In case of a draw, contestants slug it out.

Winner takes all, and, hey, if it's not paid off yet, then it''s not even your car...

Comment

Isn't it lovely outside? Some people need to get out more and get a grip.

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                I raced many cars with my Syclones. Other cars that were way faster than my trucks. I got them so badly because I'd come off the line and put about 4 to 5 cars on them immediately. Then they'd panic and put their foot to the floor and would just boil the hides off their tires. AWD cars are a lot of fun. After I drove that Lance Evo, I told a lot of my friends to be careful. If they come up next to one, take it seriously your they'd be holding their butts in their hands.

A mediocre driver with a RWD car will probably run about a 2.2 or 2.3 second short time on the street if they are lucky. A Syclone, Subi, Evo, WRX or equivalent will be pushing the 1.8 second range. That is a huge handicap to have to make up for in a short distance.
                LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                  Isn't it lovely outside? Some people need to get out more and get a grip.

I raced many cars with my Syclones. Other cars that were way faster than my trucks. I got them so badly because I'd come off the line and put about 4 to 5 cars on them immediately. Then they'd panic and put their foot to the floor and would just boil the hides off their tires. AWD cars are a lot of fun. After I drove that Lance Evo, I told a lot of my friends to be careful. If they come up next to one, take it seriously your they'd be holding their butts in their hands.

A mediocre driver with a RWD car will probably run about a 2.2 or 2.3 second short time on the street if they are lucky. A Syclone, Subi, Evo, WRX or equivalent will be pushing the 1.8 second range. That is a huge handicap to have to make up for in a short distance.

i shoot thier tires out.............................

Comment

i shoot thier tires out.............................
                    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Nice kill Jay. The short 0-60 races are scary in my car - I just know I am going to get owned by something that launches better. These cars (including the GTO) are just tough to exercise on our roads - they need a lot more space to get running!

When I was in high school I had an 85 Fiero GT with the V6 and 4 speed manual. It would scoot from 0-40 - then it was done. It was a great in town racer though - the mid engine set up gave it a nice off the line jump. I took a lot of much faster cars in town - I was smart enough to stay away from the highway races in that thing. It ran out of breath quickly.
                      Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Good Story I sure Kerm is loving the fact an LS2 GTO was involved Besides when Wolfman get his shiney new C-6 at the cost he desires (I haven't forgot he's still looking) .. I would love to see a matchup between you and kerm ... First to 60 MPH wins
                        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                        pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                          MUHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Is your LS2 GTO faster than his LS2 GTO???

Mine is...

Nice Kill Jay. Not too happy about it... but nice kill

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
                          Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X