My Jeep...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 78formula78
    don't do safelite, my father has been doing windows for over 20 years now and safe light is pretty much the worst you can get, they don't put the molding on right and they use they're own glass which isn't right most of the time. You will most likly end up with an inferior product which will be prone to cracking because of improperly installed moldings or lack of them, i've had to help my dad cut out a lot of these windows just becasue a lot are just glued in, if you can find a compay that use OEM windows then do it, places like speedy, novus, and other what not will be your best bet. but then again its your money but i know i bought my car with safelite window and because of the lack of molding i have a crack across the whole windshield so me and my father are going to have to replace it. yey for quality work
    Interesting, every body shop I know of here in the San Antonio are uses Safelite. We have also done over a dozen cars at our little shop using Safelite. Every car I have ever seen not only had correct molding, but completely brand new molding. The technicians have always been 100% professional and courteous and they have all done perfect jobs. Never one single problem with Safelite over 5 years. Not one.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
      ... Never one single problem with Safelite over 5 years. Not one.
      well you guys must have better people down there then we do up here, because i've help on many windows and safelite windows have always been the worst, and lacking the most prep work, theres been times when we didn't even have to cut the windows out because they weren't set right, all it took was a little push and pop the window started comeing out... after seeing that i've always told anyone that if you really really NEED a windshield and are broke then sure safelite will give you a windshield but your going to get what you pay for considering its pretty much the Maaco of windows shops. and unfortuantly the way the insurrence works up here most only wanna pay the lowest price and an OEM part is always gonna be more expensive then the knock off so they will send them to safelite most of the time. but then again if you have People in your area doing good work under the safelite name then go for it, but the ones here in washingtion shouldn't be allowed to replace a window on the most riced out honda
      1990 Eagle talon TSI- daily driver

78' firebird formula -350/350- stock...now dead

Comment

Originally posted by 78formula78
        well you guys must have better people down there then we do up here, because i've help on many windows and safelite windows have always been the worst, and lacking the most prep work, theres been times when we didn't even have to cut the windows out because they weren't set right, all it took was a little push and pop the window started comeing out... after seeing that i've always told anyone that if you really really NEED a windshield and are broke then sure safelite will give you a windshield but your going to get what you pay for considering its pretty much the Maaco of windows shops. and unfortuantly the way the insurrence works up here most only wanna pay the lowest price and an OEM part is always gonna be more expensive then the knock off so they will send them to safelite most of the time. but then again if you have People in your area doing good work under the safelite name then go for it, but the ones here in washingtion shouldn't be allowed to replace a window on the most riced out honda
        Are you sure you guys have been paying your Safelite bill?

J/K!

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
          Are you sure you guys have been paying your Safelite bill?

J/K!
          "Dere's no such ting as da mob."
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
          X