Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfman
    Jen, you are in warm sunny Tejas.. very rarely would a 4x4 be needed.. get a 4x2 SUV, and lower it with lower profile tires, have the speedometer recalibrated.. that would be perfect...! the Envoy's straight 6 is a screeming motor and gets up and goes!

I'm sick with the thought of you might needing a chair someday..you and i are close friends, you are like a sister to me over the years... im so sorry... another consideraton on that subject is accessability... do you want to have to go the the back to access the chair?...the side would be better...now were are talking (i know...the thought of it) mini vans.... they do make the most practicle vehicle for that scenerio, and they come pretty darn dressed out too!!!
    The Tahoe won't fit in my garage either and you know me gotta be in the garage. It's getting bad faster than they ever thought it would. I'm having another block on my lower back for my right leg on May 3. We already know the answers just have to do this for insurance proof. Which means more pain for me. I'm on 60 mil of morphine a day. The most you can take orally. Hydrocodiene every 6 hours and then all this other stuff that is for seizures. All of this and I just about everyday from the pain. I can no longer stand up straight from the pain in my back and legs. All of this from a fall on the ice. I appreciate you Ken and you know that your my bud and that goes without saying. I'm having a hell of a time with trying to work everyday and fighting for my divorce. Got way to much on my plate. I love my vette but it is so low that I almost need a lift to get out. What can I say.... Very depressing at times. HerHawk has become a garage queen with Y2KHAWK I can bare the thought of anything happening to her.

NO MINI-VAN. I'd rather not drive. I'm going to trya nd go look at the Pontiac Torrent tomorrow. Thanks again for being the good friend that you are. I didn't mean to write a book.....

She's Red and she's Rare.

~Black Beauty ~ Last 97 & LT1 Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      I hear the words Vette, Firehawk, etc......

You are the one that has to like the styling, and nobody else. About the only thing to me that looks negative is the front grill. That big chromed piece of plastic is the only thing on the vehicle that doesn't appear to blend well. The rest looks well balanced, decent lines and what appears to be good fit and finish.

I think for someone that is used to more than anemic power, you better be sure you aren't going to miss having the performance under your right foot. Then again if you are keeping some other stuff in the stable too, then you should be fine.

I'm right with ya on the pain and discomfort. Too many previous injuries and pain meds aren't really effective anymore. Vettes are pretty comfortable though....... depending on the year and seat option. I still have a dent in my right thigh from the seat bolster switch in my 93 and I haven't had that car for 11 years. I can see getting in and out being painful at times. There's still room for a chair though. Where there is a will, there is a way. Best of luck.
      I will miss the power that is for sure but I'm hoping to keep both Hawks in the nest. I drive the vette everyday, it's a 50 vert, A4. Beautiful car and my Dad loves it. LOL Getting out of it is the hardest for me. Getting in I just kinda fall in. My pain meds aren't that effective either but what can I do??? Eventually, I know where this is headed ubfortunatly. I had dreams of building a new house and garage. That is not gonna happen now. but life goes on.. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Gosh Jen, I didn't know about all this pain you were going through. What happened with your fall on the ice? I'm not that far from you so let me if there is anything I can ever do for you. You sound like a pretty tough woman and I know the last thing women want to hear is someone feeling sorry for them so I'll just offer my being there for you and keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
          Gosh Jen, I didn't know about all this pain you were going through. What happened with your fall on the ice? I'm not that far from you so let me if there is anything I can ever do for you. You sound like a pretty tough woman and I know the last thing women want to hear is someone feeling sorry for them so I'll just offer my being there for you and keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
          Thanks, I used to be tough but this has sofened me beyond belief. It's a long story but I ended up with a disease called Reflex Sypathetic Dystrophy. Have had it now 3 years. Very strange thing they don't know what causes it but it get pretty bad. Combined with that I now have some arthritus. Ken and Mary went through alot of this with me. I have numerous ganglion blocks. It turned my life upside down and I have not been the same since.

Now it is spreading that is why I am getting practical. It's just me and I have to take care of me.

Thank you very much for the kind words it means alot. We are having a big GTG at Hooters here in FTW on May 13, 2006 if you can make it up I'm gonna be there and hopefully 1 of my hawks if I am up to it.

Comment

I don't know how much you were planning on spending, but take a look at the Saab 9-7X. It is a GM vehicle and it is pretty good looking I think. Looks fairly low to the ground and it comes optional with the Vortec LH6 rated at 300 HP.

Comment

Originally posted by Y2KHAWK
              The Tahoe won't fit in my garage either and you know me gotta be in the garage. It's getting bad faster than they ever thought it would. I'm having another block on my lower back for my right leg on May 3. We already know the answers just have to do this for insurance proof. Which means more pain for me. I'm on 60 mil of morphine a day. The most you can take orally. Hydrocodiene every 6 hours and then all this other stuff that is for seizures. All of this and I just about everyday from the pain. I can no longer stand up straight from the pain in my back and legs. All of this from a fall on the ice. I appreciate you Ken and you know that your my bud and that goes without saying. I'm having a hell of a time with trying to work everyday and fighting for my divorce. Got way to much on my plate. I love my vette but it is so low that I almost need a lift to get out. What can I say.... Very depressing at times. HerHawk has become a garage queen with Y2KHAWK I can bare the thought of anything happening to her.

NO MINI-VAN. I'd rather not drive. I'm going to trya nd go look at the Pontiac Torrent tomorrow. Thanks again for being the good friend that you are. I didn't mean to write a book.....

you can write a book anytime dear, and ill read it twice.....

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Thanks, Bud I love you too!

Comment

i personally, live and breath f-body! lol. i dont think i could live with driving anything but. also, im not much of a SUV kinda guy, if i had to choose one...maybe xterra? BUT NEVER THE ELEMENT!!! if i lived in the mountains i would want a jeep 4x4!
                  1982 Trans am w/ t-tops
                  V8 5.0L 305 H out of an '86 Caprice
                  previous owners abused it!!!

Comment

Jen,

you could always install a lift kit on the vette D&R (if you remember the 4-wheel Texas'd Camaro pic ) I just hope you get something that you like that will fit in the garage

good luck on May 3rd. My sis has lower back spasms regularly that cause her to be bed ridden at times. She's tried all kinds of pills and creams but recently she tried this new cream with "capsaicin" the same chemical in Ken's favorite peppers that make them hot. She swears by the stuff. It is worth a shot. Ask the pharmacist about it next time you go to the store. It is Capsaicin HL or something to that affect,
                    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                    pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
                      Jen,

you could always install a lift kit on the vette D&R (if you remember the 4-wheel Texas'd Camaro pic ) I just hope you get something that you like that will fit in the garage

good luck on May 3rd. My sis has lower back spasms regularly that cause her to be bed ridden at times. She's tried all kinds of pills and creams but recently she tried this new cream with "capsaicin" the same chemical in Ken's favorite peppers that make them hot. She swears by the stuff. It is worth a shot. Ask the pharmacist about it next time you go to the store. It is Capsaicin HL or something to that affect,
                      Thanks for the tip/however its a little more complicated than that. But I will check that stuff out.

Comment

Working...
                      X