Death of the F-body

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fastTA
    I have and always will be partial to the f-body.

Down here in San Antonio during the Summer, we have a big car meet the last Saturday of every month. It's called Hot August Nights just likr the big one in Reno but no affiliation. There a BUNCH of f-bodies that show up. Mostly 1st and 4th Gens. Alot of them are wicked fast too.

The f-body ain't dead in Texas!

But, we cannot knock Ford or Honda or any of the 4 banger manufacturers. Ford hit a home run with the Mustang and it's selling like hotcakes. It's as simple as that. Kudos to Ford. I have driven and owned Mustangs. They can be just as fun to own and drive as a f-body.

Honda has also produced an economical and outstandingly reliable import. Kudos to Honda.

I used to turn my nose down to all these import guys and all these newer turbo 4 cylinder cars. But, I eventually realized that was just plain ignorant and arrogant to think that way. Sure there are the morons out there that own imports, but then again there are just as many morons that own muscle cars as well. There are respectable import cars out there, and there are respectable import owners.

I look at all people that have an interest in cars with respect and an open mind......because after all, they are car guys(and gals) just like us.
    Ever been to an import car show? Makes you feel like an alien.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
      Ever been to an import car show? Makes you feel like an alien.
      Sure have, and although most of the cars are not something that I would ever realistically drive, I still find it interesting to observe and admire all of the hard work and creativity that goes into a bunch of those cars.

There are a lot of smart and talented folks in the import scene.

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
        i kno what u mean at the carshow everweekend here in danbury there was only 4 of us, but like 6 mustangs in a row, with like 15 totall. but its nice to know im not like every1 else. all the fox bodie stangs look the same

and sound the same for that matter...
        1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

There are far too many Mustangs around (all with Flowmasters)... I rarely see an F-body. Very rarely. However, I get more compliments that start or end with "These are so much nicer looking than those Mustangs you always see". I think I like it better that way.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
          X