X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steelers fans.........

thats so wrong..........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

BA-BEE RUTH! BA-BEE RUTH!

Comment

That's just plain sick (funny, but sick).

I mean, what Roethlisberger did was a bit questionable seeing he has a certain responsibility to his team and fan base, but he wasn't breaking any laws, and from what all the reports are saying, he was riding under the speed limit when the woman pulled out in front of him.

The way most of these news organizations are talking, it's like they are labeling him a criminal. The love throwing around the fact he was riding "the world's fastest production bike". What they fail to mention is that he wasn't riding it at 200+ mph. He wasn't even going 40+.

He's a 24 year old kid that made a bad decision. Hopefully, he'll learn from it. /end_rant.

BTW - I just read an article that showed some postings from the Bengals official forum. Many of the Bungles fans were hoping Big Ben was seriously injured or died from the injuries. Scumbags. Giving that entire fanbase a horrific name.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Yeah, it's sickening the way the media twists things around. The Busa isn't even the world's fastest production bike. Never was.

I am a diehard Cowboy's fan, and even I am glad to see Big Ben recovering. I can relate to bike stories like this. It sounds like he might just be fine to play though.

Comment

We should show support for him by buying Hayabusas. I want one anyway, and heck, if I crash and knock a couple teeth out, say 4 or 5, and get a few scars, contusions, lacerations, and abrasions, it'll just go that much further to help me in my quest for that perfect don't F___ with me look

BTW, I havent cilled myself on my GSXR yet, so in motorhead logic, it's not near fast enough.

Comment

Wasnt there something reported that he doesnt even have a motorcycle license? or his permit had expired in March?
            LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
              We should show support for him by buying Hayabusas. I want one anyway, and heck, if I crash and knock a couple teeth out, say 4 or 5, and get a few scars, contusions, lacerations, and abrasions, it'll just go that much further to help me in my quest for that perfect don't F___ with me look

BTW, I havent cilled myself on my GSXR yet, so in motorhead logic, it's not near fast enough.
              Kev, go ride one of the ZX-14R's. You will likey!

It feels just about as fast as my first ZX-12R that was right around 182 RWHP.

The Busa's are nice, I had one. But, they just aren't as brutal fast as the R1's and 12R and 14R.

Comment

way to post in the wrong forum ken. It sucks that he decided to not wear his helmet because he didn't like wearing it. Wonder if he'll ever do that again. Or if he'll do that in football practice

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                  Kev, go ride one of the ZX-14R's. You will likey!

It feels just about as fast as my first ZX-12R that was right around 182 RWHP.

The Busa's are nice, I had one. But, they just aren't as brutal fast as the R1's and 12R and 14R.
                  OK I might just do that!

Comment

Yeah... The "World's Fastest Production Bike" came from Suzuki's website apparently. My cousin has a CBR 954RR, and his buddy has a Hyabusa. he can give the Busa a run.

Either way, it sounds like he'll be fine. I just hope he takes Terry Bradshaw's advice he gave last year.... "Ride it when you retire".
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I can relate to Ben's rationale. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

But, it is nice to go ride without a helmet. A helmet sorta comes between you and the riding experience. I have occasionally ridden my bikes without a helmet just cruising the backroads here in Texas where cars don't exist. But, if I even think about hitting the public roads, my helmet and suit are on no questions asked.

It seems Ben is being very mature about this whole situation and has openly apologized today to his team, family and fans. He said from now on he would wear his helmet.

Sounds like he has a little titanium in his jaw now. He was very fortunate this wreck wasn't worse.

Comment

Clearing up a few things here:

I agree that the focus should be on the person that pulled out in front of him. To paraphrase a statement>

Motorcycles don't kill people. Stupid people that don't pay attention to motorcycles kill people.

HOWEVER, the fact is he was riding a motorcycle without a helmet, period. I won't get into my personal opinions on helmet laws and statistics, but he should have had a helmet on. Regardless of his fame, fortune, and status in the NFL.

As far as the Busa goes, the magazines call it the "World's Fastest Production Bike", and not just one, but several. It unseated the Honda CBR1100XX in 1999, beating it by like 2-4 MPH on the top end (and I do believe that Guiness actually had it listed at one time as the fastest). However, in 2000, all motorcycles (except the Honda) accepted the "gentleman's agreement to limit all motorcycles to a top speed of 186 MPH (+/- 1%)" by the major manufacturers. Honda didn't have to because it's bike is "drag limited" to 186 MPH, but as we all know "drag limited" can be a loaded statement. Regardless of all that, the worlds fastest production bike is actually the Y2K turbine bike, which tops out around 260-ish. Now it is a HIGHLY LIMITED production, so the general consensus is that the Busa is the king. The ZX12R NEVER BEAT THE BUSA, however the new ZX14 is being called the Busa Killer because it has outclassed the Busa in all aspects. It will just take a lot of magazines and a lot of hurt feelings before the world will accept the Busa being beaten.

As a side note, I am not a Busa fan, nor am I a ZX14 fan. I actually ride a CBR1100XX. The funny thing is it has taken a manufacturer 7 years to build a bike that can beat 1999 technology. And you also have to remember, that records are set in the motorcycle realm by using STOCK bikes. Stock for stock, the Busa has been king since 1999. The 186 limitation on a completely stock bike has been in effect on every bike EXCEPT the 1100XX since 2000. So if you see a 200MPH R1, it ain't stock.
                        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
                          Clearing up a few things here:

I agree that the focus should be on the person that pulled out in front of him. To paraphrase a statement>

Motorcycles don't kill people. Stupid people that don't pay attention to motorcycles kill people.

HOWEVER, the fact is he was riding a motorcycle without a helmet, period. I won't get into my personal opinions on helmet laws and statistics, but he should have had a helmet on. Regardless of his fame, fortune, and status in the NFL.

As far as the Busa goes, the magazines call it the "World's Fastest Production Bike", and not just one, but several. It unseated the Honda CBR1100XX in 1999, beating it by like 2-4 MPH on the top end (and I do believe that Guiness actually had it listed at one time as the fastest). However, in 2000, all motorcycles (except the Honda) accepted the "gentleman's agreement to limit all motorcycles to a top speed of 186 MPH (+/- 1%)" by the major manufacturers. Honda didn't have to because it's bike is "drag limited" to 186 MPH, but as we all know "drag limited" can be a loaded statement. Regardless of all that, the worlds fastest production bike is actually the Y2K turbine bike, which tops out around 260-ish. Now it is a HIGHLY LIMITED production, so the general consensus is that the Busa is the king. The ZX12R NEVER BEAT THE BUSA, however the new ZX14 is being called the Busa Killer because it has outclassed the Busa in all aspects. It will just take a lot of magazines and a lot of hurt feelings before the world will accept the Busa being beaten.

As a side note, I am not a Busa fan, nor am I a ZX14 fan. I actually ride a CBR1100XX. The funny thing is it has taken a manufacturer 7 years to build a bike that can beat 1999 technology. And you also have to remember, that records are set in the motorcycle realm by using STOCK bikes. Stock for stock, the Busa has been king since 1999. The 186 limitation on a completely stock bike has been in effect on every bike EXCEPT the 1100XX since 2000. So if you see a 200MPH R1, it ain't stock.
                          I bought 2 2000 ZX-12 R's within a few months apart about 1 1/2 years ago. One of them was bone stock(still have that one), and one was modded (182 RWHP on pump gas) but internally stock except for the cams being degreed. Then I sold the modded ZX-12R and bought a bone stock 01 Busa. I loved both bikes.

I got the bone stock 2000 12R to a best top speed of exactly 190 MPH. I could get the Busa just a hair over 191 almost 192. So yes, my Busa was BARELY faster top speed wise, but the 12R would walk(and I mean walk) the Busa all the way to 175-180 when the aero became a big factor.

So I guess if one were comparing only top speed stock for stock, the Busa would get the crown. But my 12R was better in every other way and much more fun to drive because of the brute acceleration that the Busa lacked.

I even have a friend that a R1 with just a BMC race filter and a Muzzy canister, and he could walk my Busa all the way to 160'ish, then I would pull him in after 160.

Since stock for stock the ZX-12R was also heavier on the front end and had about 11-12 RWHP more from the factory, so between the two the 12R was also the 1/4 mile dominator as well. Start modding both, and the 12R puts more and more on the Busa. The Kawa motor is just amazing.

I still like the looks of my Busa over that new ZX-14R though. The 14R is wicked fast for a stock bike, but I just wished they had done a little better job on the body.

Comment

I'm with you on the 14's looks, but you just can't overlook the power. There's a guy that has one down here, ran it BONE STOCK at the local 1/8th and it went 5.90's! That is pure SMOKING fast for a stock bike! He now has a strap and swingarm extensions and his first pass out went 5.79 and got progressively faster until the track started giving up on everybody. Next week, he'll be in the .60's no doubt.

But like I said, probably one of the ugliest bikes on the street. It's so bad, I actually paid more attention to the lines of an 03 Katana than I did on the 14. The headlight on the 14 makes me sick!
                            "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
                              I'm with you on the 14's looks, but you just can't overlook the power. There's a guy that has one down here, ran it BONE STOCK at the local 1/8th and it went 5.90's! That is pure SMOKING fast for a stock bike! He now has a strap and swingarm extensions and his first pass out went 5.79 and got progressively faster until the track started giving up on everybody. Next week, he'll be in the .60's no doubt.

But like I said, probably one of the ugliest bikes on the street. It's so bad, I actually paid more attention to the lines of an 03 Katana than I did on the 14. The headlight on the 14 makes me sick!
                              WOW! 5.70's in the 1/8th is pure evil for a factory bike strapped with an extended swingarm! That is a very good indication of an honest 8 second 1/4 mile pass. Awesome!

I'd like to see what the 14R's weigh on a scale. Has he gotten any dyno numbers on the 14R yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X