Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys remember the hype that created this?-
    And this?-

What about something recent, like Y2K? People love to torture themselves. We love to worry, fret and feel like the world is going to end any moment now. The Middle Easterners were feuding long before any of us were alive, and will probably continue long after we're all dead. Like Joe stated, they've been working on a nuclear weapons program for 15 years. If they haven't used any nuclear weapons yet, what makes August 22nd any different? Because it's a religious holiday? They're crazy, granted, but I don't think they're crazy enough to start dropping nuclear bombs in their own backyard. I'm sure as heck not worrying. I think it's pretty safe to say that they'll be destroying each other for years to come.
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

I too am concerned,

but I know that, they could take away our peace, property, and our lives, but no act of violence or malcontent can take away our hopes, the love for family, fellow Americans, and our future prospects of a better tomorrow

-Something to reflect upon whether or not Iran breaks out the nukes!
      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
      pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
        You guys remember the hype that created this?-
        And this?-

What about something recent, like Y2K? People love to torture themselves. We love to worry, fret and feel like the world is going to end any moment now. The Middle Easterners were feuding long before any of us were alive, and will probably continue long after we're all dead. Like Joe stated, they've been working on a nuclear weapons program for 15 years. If they haven't used any nuclear weapons yet, what makes August 22nd any different? Because it's a religious holiday? They're crazy, granted, but I don't think they're crazy enough to start dropping nuclear bombs in their own backyard. I'm sure as heck not worrying. I think it's pretty safe to say that they'll be destroying each other for years to come.

do you remember 9-11? how things were ignored and put aside as "ahh....it aint no big deal"?

to each thier own. im not taking anything lightly anymore... im not worrying sick, im just prepared.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
          im not taking anything lightly anymore... im not worrying sick, im just prepared.
          hmm, good idea... which leads me has anyone checked out any of these urban survival guides just to have in an emergency... the boy scout in me yells be prepared in case the worst happens
          Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
          Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
          pics and info

Comment

I've been researching more and found some interesting info. When Iran promised a reply "by the end of August", they didn't actually use the word "August", but the Iranian equivalent. If you look up the Persian calendar, you'll see that August 22 just happens to be the end of the month known as Mordad.

Coincidence? Most likely.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
            X