Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So when are you storing your F-body for winter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mid November for me. Any later than that and I take the chance of weather hitting before I got it put away. I garage it on a moisture barrier & put the cover on and the trickle charger. Sometimes I get some of the weight off it, but not always. I crack the windows, T-tops, and pop the hatch to keep the weather seals fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by gauSSian
      summer is my inactive season here as far as the SS is concerned. love driving the SS the other 8 months though.
      yeah my step dad told me not to move to fl in the spring because it was going to be so hot and humid, ha what a joke, its cooler here during the summer than it was back in WI or MO or NC and it rains way to much (dont get to take the t's down)

but anyhow, when i lived in WI i watched the weather and the weekend before it was supposed to snow I would pull the car into the garage and do all the good ol' prep stuff, as for the gas my personal preference is to put in an ethanol gasoline (it wont freeze) and have it at 1/4 or 1/8 tank, and fill it up in spring with fresh stuff, put the car on jack stands pull wheels off, i leave the battery in the car because i replace it in the spring anyways. oh, i also use a synthetic oil normaly so i didnt have t worry about it gelling up or anything like that, i dont know how much fact there is to the whole oil thing, ive read articles on both sides

Comment

Originally posted by johnpr
        yeah my step dad told me not to move to fl in the spring because it was going to be so hot and humid, ha what a joke, its cooler here during the summer than it was back in WI or MO or NC and it rains way to much (dont get to take the t's down)

but anyhow, when i lived in WI i watched the weather and the weekend before it was supposed to snow I would pull the car into the garage and do all the good ol' prep stuff, as for the gas my personal preference is to put in an ethanol gasoline (it wont freeze) and have it at 1/4 or 1/8 tank, and fill it up in spring with fresh stuff, put the car on jack stands pull wheels off, i leave the battery in the car because i replace it in the spring anyways. oh, i also use a synthetic oil normaly so i didnt have t worry about it gelling up or anything like that, i dont know how much fact there is to the whole oil thing, ive read articles on both sides
        I would be carefull about the ethanol....it could corode(sp?) your gas lines.
        2006 Saturn Ion Redline
        2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

yeah ive been watching that, i only put in 10 % because all newer vehicles are required to be compliant with that but i agree for older vehicle (pre 98) id be verry carefull.

Comment

Not storing the goat. She is and will always been in the garage. But, like what was said above. I can't wait for cool temps to get that 6.0 liter going. Heat kills these engines.

40 degrees + nice slow warm up + WOT = SEG!

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
            Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Anything point in storing a car in phoenix? Lowest it gets is about 30.
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/Iceslim0

Comment

most people only store theire cars to keep it out of the weather (snow/slush/rain) and prevent salt/sand from getting into places where it'll due damage or cause corrosion so if that fit the general winter discription for your area than you should store it, if your only concern is the cold then keep driving and have fun

Comment

Working...
                X