X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gauSSian
    hey! people love my humongous quad CME.

ok...another question for ya...

I have a pressure sprayer that I've been using on the SS, careful around seals, etc. I use it with the hope of removing as much dirt touchlessly as possible.

what is your opinion of using pressure washers?

btw, mine is rated at 1750 psi, but I don't use full pressure and I try to maintain a 6-8 inch distance at all times.

the reason I ask is you mentioned sheeting the water when washing, and a pressure washer is the opposite of that.

I have alway given the SS a final sheeting rinse after washing to make drying easier. I dry with an electric blower, again trying to be as touchless as possible.
    aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

think about it: high pressure water blasting the dirt against the clear coat like a warp speed fine sanding machine............

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i use tons of suds, a fine micro fiber wash mitt, and barely touch the surface loosing the dirt and rinsing.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

thanks...no pressure spraying the Z.

sheeting rinse first...lots of suds, light touch with the mitt, sheeting rinse after.

is there a particular wash mitt you recommend?
      Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
        dont foreget the rest of the car:

z16 rubber preserv. on all weather stripping, any dark plastic, and the tires.

z10 leather preserv. on the entire interior...vinal as well as leather.

cant wait to see this bad boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is that neon a turbo?

93 t/a A4 3.23s
        95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
        99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
        99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
        97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
        93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
        00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Originally posted by Trans Am
          is that neon a turbo?

no........this is.......

(___________________!_____________________)

now X it

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I took your silence on the matter of the wash mitt to mean there is not one particular mitt you consider to be a must have, so I took it upon myself to order from autogeek.net got some stuff from Cobra and some from Pinnacle, all microfiber.

sorry..i missed it or forgot.. i use a micro fiber wash mitt...so you did good. autogeek guys are cool

What do you use to apply the Z products on the leather, vinyl, plastic, tires, etc.?

dollar store: synthetic sponges... they last a long time and you get a half dozen for a buck. also use them for applying z16 to the tires.

My order should contain about 14 Zaino applicator pads, is that enough to keep around, or do you recommend more?

thats fine, more than i have. you can wash them, do it by hand....use lux or dawn...fluff em by hand again before you use them, if you have alot of mineral in your water it will make them stiff.

LOL...you should write a book Ken, on the Zen of Zaino.

i think Sal beat me to it......LOL...thanks though!
            Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Working...
            X