5th Gen news from Saleen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fastTa
    You just proved my original point. That is there is no comparing the MT900R to the TT S7.
    Sure there is...the LS1 is not the only motor it comes with. That's the as-tested motor. They tell you right on the sight the car is build-to-order with whatever motor you desire .

Send my rear cover, or I will have to get Craig to pull your man card!
    Yeah...good luck with that one ponyBoy lol . Maybe if you moved out here like you said you were going to you'd have your cover
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Man I sure am glad I didn't now. My Mom just told me what is cost to renew a vehicle's registration every year out there......that and the friggin' emissions headaches would drive me nuts.

Comment

Man I sure am glad I didn't now. My Mom just told me what is cost to renew a vehicle's registration every year out there......that and the friggin' emissions headaches would drive me nuts.
        Eh...the combined registration on my Jeep, GN and Z is roughly $150/yr., emissions is never a problem and insurance is $117/mo. on the Z and Jeep. Can't quite see what the problem is there lol
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Z Ya Later
          Eh...the combined registration on my Jeep, GN and Z is roughly $150/yr., emissions is never a problem and insurance is $117/mo. on the Z and Jeep. Can't quite see what the problem is there lol
          Emissions would always be a problem for me. Both my TA and Stang have LT's and no cats. My Mom said the renewel on her 6 year old Volvo and her Cayenne were close to $300 each. Does Cali adjust the renewal rates based on vehicle age?

Comment

And the worst thing is that the 25 year exemption for smog has been repealled. Not only that, but when CA finds that your car is getting old, they force you on the "Smog II" dyno machine. So it gets even stricter. I'm sure the HC and CO2 limits go up a little, but it's still getting tougher. I just hope my Carsound is clean enough to pass me in a few weeks. Otherwise, I'd be at a loss on what to do
            94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Emissions would always be a problem for me. Both my TA and Stang have LT's and no cats. My Mom said the renewel on her 6 year old Volvo and her Cayenne were close to $300 each. Does Cali adjust the renewal rates based on vehicle age?
              Yup. The older the vehicle, the cheaper the registration...to an extent. The GN costs more than the Z, but I can't say I'm too surprised about that lol. As for the emissions testing, yeah, you'd be screwed lol

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
              And the worst thing is that the 25 year exemption for smog has been repealled. Not only that, but when CA finds that your car is getting old, they force you on the "Smog II" dyno machine. So it gets even stricter. I'm sure the HC and CO2 limits go up a little, but it's still getting tougher. I just hope my Carsound is clean enough to pass me in a few weeks. Otherwise, I'd be at a loss on what to do
              Did that law pass? I thought you said it was still sitting on the Governor's desk? And wasn't it 30 yrs., not 25?

As for the cat, you can always get a Goerlich from Downtown Muffler if need be.
              Steve

Comment

Working...
              X