woooohooo!!!! Back on stage folks!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe 1320
    I've had many offers that would be great, the only problem is that Family comes first. I'm raising my 9 year old son and vowed that I would be there for him 100%. All the offers are associated with lots of travel, both here in the states as well as overseas. I just can't do that until he is done with school and out of the nest. So for now, I gotta take only what local stuff pops up, and down here culture and the arts is a little slim.
    I totally agree. It's a stand-up thing you're doing. So many people would rather "chase their dreams" before providing a good life for their family, which is the first responsibility of any parent.

I've traveled all around Florida in my 33 years. Probably made it down there 25+ times. I love vacationing there especially since I have some family down there. Of all the places I've been, some of the coolest music and bars I've ever been to have been in central and western Florida. The east coast seems a bit "touristy" to me.

On 10 through Gainesville... Alligator Alley still has some great places with some fantastic hidden talent as well. My Uncle and I stopped at a roadside seafood joint on the way back to Siesta Key from Tampa one afternoon. It was just off 75. There was a guy playing blues guitar with a harmonica attachment. He was out on the back deck. We were the only two people out there, and he played for us like it was a full house. We ended up staying for over two hours, bought him a couple beers. BS'ed with him afterwards. He was great.

He had some self recorded CD's for sale for $2. I bought two and gave him a $20. He earned it.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

In a strange turn of events, my gigs are back on. Some artists pulled out, others have been added. Today I open for Bobby Goldsboro, coming up I open for Willie Nelson, Diamond Rio, Loretta Lynn and a couple others down the road. Sometimes the Drama is too much.

Comment

That's great! It does sound like a rollercoaster... on/off/on.....
        2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
        1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
        2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Woo hoo! Have fun!
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Just got back from the gig, probably 3000 in attendance. It was fun, the sound sucked, weather was hot! $5 a beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
              ....the sound sucked.....
              Should have called me. LOL
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Nice, Joe. Congrats.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

What I'm for is Willie Nelson. Never hurts to be heard by the big names.

Comment

Diamond rio, FTW.
                    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Jeezus.....

Some of these acts are a piece of work. Some of these artists are screaming becuase they don't want any opening acts, they just have to be the only show for the day. At this point, it looks like Sara Evens has killed my show. ^&*@#! You would think they would comfortable enough to not let an opening act bother them.

Comment

Working...
                      X