I feel so ashamed, just got beat by a Ford

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockwav86
    yea they look like shoeboxes on wheels. I'd like to see one of them go around a corner ha! they have no lines. one huge advantage they have is the optional 32V DOHC. I wonder why GM never got into OHC.
    Why do you say OHC is an advantage for the Mustang? A cam-in-block pushrod configuration saves space and weight - as well as complexity and cost.

Ever see the old pushrod 5.0L Mustang engine sitting next to the fancy new 4.6L DOHC Mustang engine? The 4.6L engine is much, much larger.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
      Why do you say OHC is an advantage for the Mustang? A cam-in-block pushrod configuration saves space and weight - as well as complexity and cost.

Ever see the old pushrod 5.0L Mustang engine sitting next to the fancy new 4.6L DOHC Mustang engine? The 4.6L engine is much, much larger.
      the DOHC allows for 4 valves per cylinder which you cant achieve with an ohv configuration wich equates to better breathing and more power. even though the 4.6 is bigger the weight is less.
      1997 Pontiac For Sale: Comp T/A, silver, 6-speed, T-Tops,
      Eibach Sportline 2" lowering springs, K&N filter, 5% limo tints
      Airfoil, Hypertech Programmer III, 3.73 w/Eaton diff

Comment

the DOHC allows for 4 valves per cylinder which you cant achieve with an ohv configuration wich equates to better breathing and more power. even though the 4.6 is bigger the weight is less.
        This post doesn't make any sense.... Do you know the difference between a pushrod motor, an ohv motor and a dohc motor??
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
          This post doesn't make any sense.... Do you know the difference between a pushrod motor, an ohv motor and a dohc motor??

Of corse i do what doesn't make any sense??? ohv has a single cam in the block w/ 2valves per cylinder....sohc has one cam in each head with 2 valves per cylinder....dohc has 2 cams in each head w/ 4 valves per cylinder.....who doesnt know about what?!?!?
          1997 Pontiac For Sale: Comp T/A, silver, 6-speed, T-Tops,
          Eibach Sportline 2" lowering springs, K&N filter, 5% limo tints
          Airfoil, Hypertech Programmer III, 3.73 w/Eaton diff

Comment

The 4.6L does not weigh less than the 5.7L LS1 - or the 7.0L LS7.
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by envygreenbird
              Yeah, I understand about the honda comment, but it would make you sick to if you had 150lbs in the back that you couldn't do anything about.
              It's not that bad, plus it would help you with traction. No big deal losing to a Cobra. Those things are animals. With minor mods, they're even more beastly. I think they can hit the 500+ horsepower range with bolt ons. My girlfriend and I pulled up next to one at a light and all I kept saying was, "Please don't see me or rev at me! Please don't see me or rev at me!". Even my girlfriend knew I would have been eaten. Man was I happy when I didn't have to race him!
              Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
              SOLD- Kinda miss it
              94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
              SOLD- Good riddance!
              2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

lol, why not just go for it, you have nothing to loose, (enless its pink slips, then you have alot to loose!)

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                  The 4.6L does not weigh less than the 5.7L LS1 - or the 7.0L LS7.
                  I think he means the 4.6 is not as heavy as the old 5.0...
                  Greg W. in West Michigan
                  1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                  1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                  1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                  1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                  1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                  <Motor out

Comment

Working...
                  X